Nite-Ize for minimag more efficient by underclocking?

Illum

Flashaholic
I tested the nite-ize module separately after intermitt flickering my createing a makeshift test stand, the module is 6.20 inches off the table

I completed a series of tests, well..of amateur quality
[Two pics for each, one actual, other b/w for intensity]
1.5 vdc ~250 ma

2.2 vdc ~250 ma

3.0 vdc ~250 ma

from what I saw [if you look at it hard enough] is that at 1.5v the leds actually glow white, once the voltage to tapped up to 3v, the leds now has a faint but purplish tint.

A short from the alligater clips i used caused the light to hit "teal" tint and output is decreaed by 50%, judged by eyeball...
and
[my] module only flickers once the voltage drops below 2 vdc during the testing, but flickers continuously when installed in the minimag, any advice or tips on cleaning minimag bulb terminals?

Any views on this?

I apologize if the pic sucks...DON'T HURT ME!

greenLED

Flashaholic
Illum_the_nation said:
any advice or tips on cleaning minimag bulb terminals?
Disassemble the switch (lift the top off and the bottom will fall out). You can scrub the contact surfaces clean. I've scraped the inside contact surfaces with a fine-tipped cutter, or even a needle.

:thinking: Might want to clean the underside of the "lip" where the (-) contact occurs. Also, clean the tailcap spring, and the lip where it sits.

Illum

Flashaholic
greenLED said:
Disassemble the switch (lift the top off and the bottom will fall out). You can scrub the contact surfaces clean. I've scraped the inside contact surfaces with a fine-tipped cutter, or even a needle.

:thinking: Might want to clean the underside of the "lip" where the (-) contact occurs. Also, clean the tailcap spring, and the lip where it sits.

Thanks for the reply,

The maglight's twist on off switch has many parts to it, are they securely fastened or will they fall apart all over the place upon dissembly of the head?