Fenix L2T questions

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
I recieved this light from Lighthound.com (great service btw, this was my second order through them).

I'm running Energizer Lithiums in it, its very light-weight and works extremely well.

A few things I've noticed:

The clicky button sticks up past the rear of the light, making it impossible to stand on end like Fenix advertises. You think replacing the clicky with the spare provided would fix this?

The batteries rattle a bit in the body of the light, so I took a piece of paper (Taco Bell Reciept actually), and wrapped it around the batteries once. It takes up all the extra space and makes the light feel much more solid. This fix worked great!

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
Inside the tailcap there is an alumium ring that has been screwed down to much. You will need to find something to locate in the two holes that are in the ring and you should be able to unscrew it a little and the switch will retreat into the tailcap and hopefully allow you to stand the light on end.

InfidelCastro

Banned
My tailcap protrudes a little bit, but not enough to keep it from standing on end.

I get the battery rattle thing with mine as well. Especially with the heavy rechargeables. I'm going to see if I can order a battery sleeve or two from somebody. I remember they used to either make or include one with the L2P.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Ok, I turned the switch in a little, but then the light wouldn't work. It's more important for the light to be reliable, so I turned the switch back out. It still stands in candlemode. Just not as good.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW if you think the low mode is too bright it's because the low circuit prefers lower voltage.

Fenix%20L2T%20low.png

It actually started out at near 1000 on the scale with lithiums, so if you plan to use low mode much, some Ni-MH might suit you better.

InfidelCastro

Banned
From what I understand though, it's not as bright on lithiums on high as it is on Alkalines. At least until the alkalines start to drain. I've actually not tried alkalines in mine yet, but will soon.

I prefer rechargeables for the price and for that steady brightness. From my eyes, the light is brighter on high with rechargeables than it was with a new pair of batterystation lithiums that came with it. That makes this light kind of unique. I understand one of the other Fenix lights behaves like this also.

InfidelCastro

Banned
greenLED said:
Quick Q: are the tube and head of the L2P compatible with the L2T head?

Hehe, as far as I remember, unfortunately no. On the L2T the body screws into the head while I think it's the opposite with the L2P.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
greenLED said:
Quick Q: are the tube and head of the L2P compatible with the L2T head?

Green........I have swaped the heads on my 2 lights and both work fine. I even get the hi/lo with the L2T head on the L2P body, even with the anodised threads.

Bill

greenLED

Flashaholic
:) Score is 1 - can & 1 - can't
Should we go into penalty kicks to break the tie (OK... too much Soccer World Cup).

I'm just asking 'cuz the L2T bod is fugly.

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
I tried putting the L2T head on the L2P body and it fits but does not work properly. I've heard that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Green,

I think you are going have to adjust the score...........I did an instant replay and this is what I got.

My head from my LT1 on my L2P body.......LOW only

My head from my LT2 on my L2P body.......HI and LOW

Go figgure.......must be how the threads were cut, or how the electronics sit in the head.

Bill

greenLED

Flashaholic
Braddah_Bill said:
..must be how the threads were cut, or how the electronics sit in the head
:awman: I smell tight tolerances in the way the hi/low works. I wonder if sanding the body (or the head?) would do anything...

Thanks for checking for me!!

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
I get the battery rattle thing with mine as well. Especially with the heavy rechargeables. I'm going to see if I can order a battery sleeve or two from somebody. I remember they used to either make or include one with the L2P.

Why? A piece of thin paper such as old recipets fill the space between battery and body perfectly, and it's free.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try to adjust the clicky here soon and post back with results.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the L2T really worth the extra over the L2P, as far as I can see you are paying extra for a not too dim low setting.

I actually prefer the Ultrafire 601 to the L2P, anyone else have 601 and L2T ?

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
abvidledUK said:
Is the L2T really worth the extra over the L2P, as far as I can see you are paying extra for a not too dim low setting.

I have the 601, L2T,L2P.

The big advantage to the L2T is runtime. It just kicks butt. It is also brighter than the L2P on high, and damn near it on low. It just has more features. I agree that the 601 is a good light and I like it as much or more than the L2P. The L2T takes the prize in my book. I have 2 and they are super lights.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just tried to tailstand my L2T, and it stands just fine.
Battery rattle is only evident when the unit is shaken somewhat vigorously; it does not occur during normal handling.

InfidelCastro

Banned
TFin04 said:
Why? A piece of thin paper such as old recipets fill the space between battery and body perfectly, and it's free.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try to adjust the clicky here soon and post back with results.

True, I thought there might be a nylon battery sleeve that would makes things easier though. I've read people talking about them anyways.

InfidelCastro

Banned
abvidledUK said:

I believe the Ultrafire is supposed to be brighter than the L2P, but not as bright as the L2T, at least after a few minutes. The runtime graph of the Ultrafire makes it dimmer than the L2T pretty soon if not immediately. Check out flashlightreviews.com, because I can't remember for sure.

I'm almost postive it doesn't have the constant bright output of the L2T, otherwise I wouldn't have ruled it out so soon.

Last edited: