Flashlight Day!!!

metalhed

Enlightened
A big :wave: to all of our flashaholic friends who reside south of the Equator (the Southern Hemisphere.)

They are celebrating 'Flashlight Day' today. :rock: Lucky buggers.

That's right, for half of the Earth's flashaholics (by geography), today is the shortest day of the year.

So in the interest of mutual respect and friendship, I ask that we all take this opportunity to recognize a second flashlight (or torch) holiday. One that we can all share in addition to the more familiar (and widely popular) December 21 holiday celebrated in the Northern Hemisphere.

Whoopee....:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Ok, I'm goin' ta' bed now.

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes,
Raise your torches to those of use living south of the equator :) This also means that the days are starting to get longer for those of us in the northern areas. Natures way to remind us to get those mods complete in the next three months so they will be ready for the time the darkness comes.
Anyone going to Australia to celebrate?

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'm hating every bit of the short summer nights. :(

...I never thought I'd say that but I miss riding at night... :crazy:

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good for you! :) Make sure you guys make the most of it. Here, in central Europe, we have the longest day of the year today so no flashlight fun for me tonight... :rant:

Remember to post pictures of how you celebrated it!

Blazer

Enlightened
Happy Summer Solstice

Well as a flashlight enthusiast, this is the worst day of the year (here in my part of the world), too much sunlight and not enough darkness to test/use more lights :thumbsdow .

But, at least the nights are getting longer from here on in...:)

Anyway have a happy day and hope the darkness finds you soon...

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Happy Summer Solstice

Guess this would make me a good flashaholic then, as our daughter (who loves Daddy's lights) was born on Dec. 21st, the Winter Solstice :)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

"It was the best of times and the worst of times..."

I agree. Long days and short nights, especially for you northerners. Yet the mild weather encourages us to stay out late. No large pockets to carry multiple lights and reloads for a while.

Maybe the real reason why I bought a HDS B42 is because my 9P really looks goofy strapped to my hip when I wear shorts and a t-Shirt. Not to mention the unsightly bulge the spares carrier makes in my pocket. Perhaps I should carry it in a front pocket... never mind!

Sacramento will have its first triple digit day today followed by at least 4 more if you can trust the weatherman. During lunch I watched a bird spontaneously combust. No more storing lights and batteries in my truck for a while. Thats OK, the days are long and this thought brings my entry full circle.

"It was the best of times and the worst of times..."

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast

kelmo said:
Sacramento will have its first triple digit day today followed by at least 4 more if you can trust the weatherman. "
boy you guys are way behind weve had triple digit weather for a couple weeks now and its wheat harvest so were outside from sunup to sundown.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast

yea the only time its been under 100 is when we had a tornado and it tipped over 4 trucks and 1 car even after that we couldnt harvest while it was cool cuz we had to wate for the wheat to drie out so even when we went back it was 100 again by the way we had a tornado one day then the next day we had onother smaller one

yea it suck to be us

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
sh2.jpg

Written at Stonehenge
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Thou noblest monument of Albion's isle!
Whether by Merlin's aid, from Scythia's shore,
To Amber's fatal plain Pendragon bore,
Huge frame of giant-hands, the mighty pile
T' entomb his Britons slain by Hengist's guile:
Or Druid priests, sprinkled with human gore,
Taught 'mid thy massy maze their mystic lore:

Or Danish chiefs, enrich'd with savage spoil,
To Victory's idol vast, an unhewn shrine,
Rear'd the rude heap: or, in thy hallow'd round,
Repose the kings of Brutus' genuine line;
Or here those kings in solemn state were crown'd:
Studious to trace thy wondrous origine,
We muse on many an ancient tale renown'd. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]
Thomas Warton the younger, 1777[/size][/font]

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Merged 2 Summer Solstice threads...and yeah, bummer in Alaska for flashlights - but FANTASTIC for the hours of daylight & fishing!