• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sweet Jetts22 BlackBird Package *SOLD*

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
This BlackBird has lived in a Pelican 1010 case nested in pick-n-pluck for about a year. I'm about 95% sure it's the last one that was built. I've fiddled with it a lot experimenting with different lenses (windows) and optics (clear polycarbonate TIRs).

No BlackBird's finish was perfect so if you look real closely you can see some pinpoints where the anodize did not take. I'm being a little picky but I want you to know exactly what to expect. This image was taken with a scanner so the smudge you see mid-barrel is from the scanner.

WednesdayJune2120063.jpg

This comes with the CR2 tube and the indexed tail cap. The tubes and tail caps are interchangeable. On the bottom of the indexed tail cap is a prominent tool mark. Most folks wouldn't notice it because it's in the recess but the new owner will.

I decided I liked the Carclo 6 degree optic the best...almost zero side spill, square beam with most of the photons focused into a nice round hotspot. This light's heatsink is also an aluminum reflector so it self centers the optic. You have to point it at the ceiling and tap on it while screwing the bezel down to get it to center correctly. Because I've fiddled with it so much the optic has scratches on it.

What I can do is include a like-new Carlco 6 degree optic or if you would prefer I can include fairly rare Fraen NX01. The original NX05 will also be included.

Also, included will be a thick UCL lens for use with the heatsink reflector. Drop the optic out, pop in the UCL along with the included O ring and you have a nice task light.

Also, the BlackBird by design did not come with a lens to protect the optic. However it came with two plastic lenses. I filed one of them down and installed it so as to protect the optic. It and the second lens will be included.

Two CR123 cells and one CR2 cell will be included.

Its home, the Pelican 1010, will be included.

Shipping in a priority box will be included.

Both tail caps are two-stage.

This is a T bin driven by a MadMax Plus driver.

This wonderful torch is TiCN anodized on an excellent knurling pattern. In my opinion it's one of the finest custom torches ever built.

$325.00

***Edit*** dropped to

$300.00

***Edit*** dropped to

$290.00

***Edit*** dropped to

$275.00

***Edit*** dropped to

$250.00

***Edit*** dropped to

$240.00

No trades.

First "I'll take it" gets it.

If you prefer PM that's fine but if an "I'll take it" gets posted before I can indicate a pending sale the "I'll take it" wins.

Not responsible for USPS losses but I will get a confirmation number.

Post 198 of this a thread contains a photo of FrenchyLed's BlackBird.

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sweet Jetts22 BlackBird Package *small price drop*

Dropped to $300.00

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sweet Jetts22 BlackBird Package *ANOTHER price drop*

These shots do not come from my BlackBird.

For details see darkzero's optics review.

For clarification on the difference between an NX05 (common), NX01 (Possibly Lumileds first optic for emitters that they apparently disavow) and a Carclo 6 degree (my preference for BlackBird), here is a visual:

optics_beamshots.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Answering some questions sent from PMs.

Yes. Both the twisty tailcaps are interchangeable between the two bodies and both are two stage.

Jetts22 started making modified ARC LS that folks liked. He made these Blackbirds totally custom. He wanted select T bin LuxIIIs, a better driver, better fit, better finish, more sink mass, less diameter, less length and and CR2 capability.

So these are a tiny bit less in diameter than an ARC LS and shorter than an ARC LS

These were machined polished, then hand finished and finally TiCN anodized.

I think VS 1 there were 8 made and 6 released for sale.

I think VS 2 there were less than 40 orders taken. 16 have yet to be filled.

This is a VS 2. Very rare light.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kiessling reminded me that his photos are CPF freeware so here's one of his glamore shots.

The Blackbird up for sale looks like this.

Blackbird15.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sure.

PM coming.

This light is now sold pending.