Harbor Freight Gordon Flashlights

wally0206

Newly Enlightened
Has any one tried any of the Gordon flashlights, I was wandering if they were any bigger in diameter then the Mag, and if the reflector was plastic. The one re-chargeable model looks at least from the picture like the head may be larger.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I modified one of their Chicago spotlights for a HID mod. Gordon & Chicago look to be the same save for Chicago typically being the "premium" brand. I've found that HF spotlights offer more quality and features than you would expect for the price, but my experience is limited to 2 of their spotlight models.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
The large head recharable one's reflector isn't as big as the head. It's bigger than a normal one, but doesn't fill the whole head. I saw it yesterday they opened a store locally in another town.

WNG

Enlightened
Their 15-LED 3D is about the size of a Mag, but it's pure junk.
The LEDs are dim, and the bezel/head is stamped, can't access the reflector/lens

Wasted $19.

DrMaserati

Newly Enlightened
WNG said:
Their 15-LED 3D is about the size of a Mag, but it's pure junk.
The LEDs are dim, and the bezel/head is stamped, can't access the reflector/lens

Wasted $19.
If you're referring to this one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94524

I just bought two of them last week for $9.99 each. They work great and are quite bright, well worth the price. The head is not stamped, it is machined, and the LED/reflector unit and lens are easily removed by unscrewing the retaining ring inside the back of the head. You will find that the head is two piece and comes apart at the hexagonal rubber ring. You will then see the retainer holding the LED/reflector unit in place.

WNG

Enlightened
DrMaserati said:
If you're referring to this one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94524

I just bought two of them last week for $9.99 each. They work great and are quite bright, well worth the price. The head is not stamped, it is machined, and the LED/reflector unit and lens are easily removed by unscrewing the retaining ring inside the back of the head. You will find that the head is two piece and comes apart at the hexagonal rubber ring. You will then see the retainer holding the LED/reflector unit in place.

No, that's not the one I have. Mine is older, no two-position switch, but looks just like the one above.
The new one may be better, but avoid the standard one.

DrMaserati

Newly Enlightened
WNG said:
No, that's not the one I have. Mine is older, no two-position switch, but looks just like the one above.
The new one may be better, but avoid the standard one.
What kind of switch does yours have? Two position means "on" and "off." What does your's have? What is the HF item number of yours?