UltraFire 3 Watt 1XAA Flashlight

K

K3LAW

Has anyone purchased the UltraFire 3 Watt 1XAA or 2XAA Flashlights?
If so what do you think of them and does anyone know the runtime?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several threads on the Ultrafire lights. Here and here. Upshot is it's a nice light but may have flickering problems which can be corrected with a small amount of effort.

Once fixed, mine have output very simiilar to Fenix L1P, but Fenixes beat it for efficiency. 602A has much shorter run times (maybe 60%) than Fenix L1P. Others have found singificantly less output in 602A but slightly more run times - perhaps 75% of L1P.

One attraction of 602A besides cost is the head disassembles easily and the LED is accessible, making it an easy light to modify.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been following the threads for both the 2 aa 3 watt light and 3 watt 1 aa light. One thread stated running a 3 watt led on 2 aa doesnt give enough amps, however it seems to be a none issue to run a 3watt on 1 aa.

Beats me, just going to lerk and see what others say.

Turbo_E

Enlightened
i swapped the OEM lux for a t bin luxIII TWOK. it wasnt pretty, the light was very dim. safe to say this LED isnt a 3 watter or has a very low VF. for $20 tho its an excellent buy IMO. I can beat on it and not worry that it cost me $50. obviously an inferior light, but it fullfills my needs (keychain light)

i thouroughly recommend it.