Whats the word on this light?

WNG

Enlightened
Well, I don't have this particular light, but a 2-cr123a cell version.
Same machining.
I got it from AXShop back then for under $13. Claimed to be 1W Luxeon and regulated. But it's hardly brighter than a 1W, and I think the emitter is counterfeit. Tint is excellent though.
The reflector was a bit off center...didn't confirm if it's regulated or simply resistored.
Build quality is ok for a chinese light.

mdocod

Flashaholic
just head over to qualitychinagoods, pick out about 5-10 flashlight you want to give a wirl, spend about $50-75... in a few weeks, a nice big box will show up...

if you think getting 1 flashlight in the mail is exciting... try opening a box with lots of new toys to play with!!!!

buy them both? BAH, BUY THEM ALL!!!
lol

ok just kidding... but seriously, that's basically what I did there recently.... I bought a handfull of lights to try out and tinker with- the china lights are cheap, some are duds, some are gems in the rough. (The xnova 5LED, the ghost II 12LED, and the 28LED 3xAAA are all well worth the price and built better than the average china light). The ultrafire xenons are great tactical lighs on a budget, and the ultrafire 601 and 602 (fenix clones) are doing pretty well...

sorry i'm rambling, lol..

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
That particular light isn't regulated (called V1 I believe on Dae's site). The V2 and V3 are regulated. I have the V2 and really like the design. The machining is very nice and everything seems well built. I tried to disassemble it tho and ruined it as the head is now stuck in a partially unthreaded position completely destroying the beam. While it was working tho, my V2 had great throw. I'd say a bit more output than a 1W, but not much more. It had a tight hotspot and a wide spill. I really liked the light before my retarded modding skills messed it up.

My gutfeel is that its not really a Luxeon, so even though it might consumer a wattage comparable to Luxeon III, you might not get as much light.