How many time has this been asked...

OKC CSI

Newly Enlightened
Hands down, no holds barred, would never give it up, blows you away when you turn it on, and makes people puke when you shine it in their eyes, which hand held flashlight is the brightest.

I don't want to know that one is xxx candlepower, but this one is only xxx less and last 30 minutes longer.

Brightest, without modding. I know the Stinger XT is 75k candlepower, so lets use that as a start point.

Don't care about the ability to recharge either.

Brightest, Hand held, no mods.

OKC CSI

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
? has been asked a lot, my opinion is SureFire "Beast"
CLICK Here

$4k and change will buy.

Some on CPF own or have handled and will probably chime in?

jeffb

batman

Enlightened
i think the hellfire is a spotlight more than a flashlight, but a compact handheld HID like the AE 24 Watt or Surefire "Beast" comes to mind?

NAW

Enlightened
The Rayzorlite and or Rayzorbeam put out much more light than a Surefire beast.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were does the maxabeam sit with the other's listed here? Just wondering since it's the only HID portable i have seen work. VDG

dragoman

Enlightened
I've personally used only a Maxabeam, which is at the limit of what I'd call a "flashlight"

Unmodded spotlights, I'd say one of those 75W or more HID monsters....

dragoman

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
dragoman said:
I've personally used only a Maxabeam, which is at the limit of what I'd call a "flashlight"

Unmodded spotlights, I'd say one of those 75W or more HID monsters....

dragoman

I am stupid when it comes to HID. is the maxa a HID? or a different type?
I have been checking out the HID forum and some retailer sites to try to get less "stupid" about them,, cool stuff! VDG

iced_theater

Enlightened
Of what I own.....Would have to be either my Streamlight SL-20x with 35x bulb, Mag11, or ROP.....I'll have to compare all of them when I get my PL14 hid light.

pilou

Enlightened
Not quite up to some of the lights listed here, but the Elekrolumens ELX-12 seems pretty powerful. it's worth checking out the link, just to see the facial expression of the guy holding it :laughing:

jason9987

Newly Enlightened
the maxa is different then a normal HID, it is an xenon short arc, it is similar to a normal HID but since it uses a short arc it can be focused tighter but is less efficient. The Maxa is 75 watt but puts out less lumens than a 35 watt HID but will normally have more Candelpower, which is the throw. I think the XeVision 75 watt "Barn Burner" is the brightest light that you could easily carry around