SureFire BEAMSHOTS!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for all Mixed up Levels and Numbers and uneven, had a hard time trying to post this babies up. Hope you guys enjoy

NAW

Enlightened
Skalomax, of the 3 lights which one do you like best?

the fuzz

Enlightened
thanks for the handy photos

Im intersted in the distance of the shot taken with the L2

Any chance of putting afew beam shots outdoors with the L2 on high and low beans at night

Thank you fuzzy

havand

Enlightened
Sorry, but i have to ask..If the camera is so shaky in the first two, then clear in the last one....You're not letting the camera 'auto' all the settings, are you? That would affect how the brightness looked. I've found that if i need to take a longer exposure picture without a tripod, but the easiest way is to tilt it 'up' from something like a table or a wall...That way you only have to keep the angle steady, not every direction. Good beamshots though, they really show the light differences. Thanks!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice beamshots... but a wee bit confusing... so, first pic is l2 level1, then lvl2, then u2 lvl1, lvl3, lvl6, then l6... is that right?

-David

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats correct Cheapo. Well i really like the Flood of the L2 and the L6's throw is Great. The U2 has to be my favorite though it has bits of both and 6 levels. I was using it on auto mode on all shots. I was shooting the camera in my hands. I wil try to post some more understanding pics though, sorry

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got to play with a u2 at cabelas... it was #A09... it was perfect... nice tint, no donut... hope i get lucky :)

-David

havand

Enlightened
skalomax said:
Thats correct Cheapo. Well i really like the Flood of the L2 and the L6's throw is Great. The U2 has to be my favorite though it has bits of both and 6 levels. I was using it on auto mode on all shots. I was shooting the camera in my hands. I wil try to post some more understanding pics though, sorry

Don't apologize, you still went out of your way to demostrate the useful light these things produce. The only reason i asked if the camera was on auto was because if it was, it tries to automatically adjust the image (through f-stop, exposure time, and iso rating) to be a certain 'level' of brightness. I don't own any of these lights, so those shots may well be very representative of the light the flashlights produce. But it might be shortchanging the brightest light by making the weaker ones look better than they really are. This is why i asked about the shake. In the last image, the shot is very clear. Without seeing the specs for the shot, my guess would be it had a higher shutter speed so motion blur was less noticeable. If this was the case, the least blurry pic (if all were held similarly) would be the fastest shutter speed which could mean that even though it 'looks' to be the same output as the other ones, the light may very well be much brighter.

Cameras are a tricky thing. I got a canon digital slr last year and i STILL find new features and ways to do things that set me off for an afternoon of trying new things. If you notice, when people compare lights, they generally try to use the same shutter speed or even the same lights in the same picture just to keep the camera and its settings and adjustments out of the equation.

Again, I didn't mean to criticize. Any beamshots satisfy me :) Thank you for posting them. :goodjob:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your All Welcome. I will keep on posting some beamshots. Maybe ill use my brothers Camera (Better!) and the pics will come out a little clearer, i have a HP 3.2Mp. My bro has a Sony Cybershot 7.2Mp.