New XO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illum

Flashaholic
I dont understand why they made one w/o the optics, thats what the inovas are known for.

old XO: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_xo.htm
Runtime: [non-dimming] 4 hours to 50%
Throw: 884
Output: 2000
things to note: Mine, great light, best for EDC in my collection

New XO: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_xo-r.htm
Runtime:[rollercoaster] 1.5 hours to 50%
Throw: 792
Output: 3700
things to note: rollercoaster regulation, no optics, bigger head

For an extra 1700 worth of output sacrifice 2.5 hours of runtime...jeez WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's OK, I think I'll keep(X0,X5,X3) what I've got! The old adage: IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT, should be etched in stone somewhere.

chiphead

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
dmz said:
Is the regulation really that bad?
Opinions differ. The sample QB got really is that bad. Some of us think it was a bad sample and that a proper new XO would behave better. However, QB has told it like he saw it, and unless Inova sends him another sample which tests differently, he's - properly - sticking by what he saw.

If anyone else gets one and it behaves differently, then we might now; but no one has come forth so far.

InfidelCastro

Banned
nerdgineer said:
Opinions differ. The sample QB got really is that bad. Some of us think it was a bad sample and that a proper new XO would behave better. However, QB has told it like he saw it, and unless Inova sends him another sample which tests differently, he's - properly - sticking by what he saw.

If anyone else gets one and it behaves differently, then we might now; but no one has come forth so far.

He says he called them and Inova said that's normal with the new 'semi-regulated' version.

I believe someone else also got a sample of the new one and got the same results. I can't remember who.

dmz

Enlightened
New owners of the new XO please give us your feedback.

steve_vance

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
He says he called them and Inova said that's normal with the new 'semi-regulated' version.

I don't know who he spoke to, but that's wrong information. Here are the facts: what actually happened is that Doug @ flashlightreviews emailed Matt@Inova, who was away on a trip. when he came back, he investigated the situation and found that one production run received the wrong boards (as in NOT the ones Inova ordered) and sent Doug a new sample. SEE TODAY'S POST the light is now rated 5 stars and the regulation problem is now nonexistent. IF you get an XO with the bad board, send it back and they will replace it.

READ THE NEW REVIEW @ QUICKBEAM's SIGHT

dmz

Enlightened
I wish Inova named it something else instead of XO. It just makes it complicated since many don't know of the new version.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the xo-r has the same regulation as the OLD xo

quickbeam updated his site.

i would but the xo-r, pop it open and then put some nice cyan or blue or royal blue luxeon in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.