$70 bucks, what's a good aa(a) lux light I can get

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
I found an extra $70 bucks from under the couch(and in the couch)(amazingly), and i'd like to know what aa(a) luxeons besides fenix are out there? Preferably hard anodize, and at least an aa option if it's not primarily an aa, other than that, I'm open to suggestion :grin2:...

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
Sounds good, but the surefire is probably gonna be out of my league...:ohgeez: forgot 1 important thing, I would be better if it has a 2 stage as well...then I would definately consider it.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many cells and how bright do you need it?

For one cell, Fenix or one of the lookalikes is probably the one to consider.
For 2 cells, you might want to wait until the new LED MiniMags come out.
If a 4 cell light is within consideration, the SL Propoly 4AA Lux is probably still the best bang for the buck.

With $70, you should be able to buy two of any of the above ;)

D@rk Messenger said:
I found an extra $70 bucks from under the couch(and in the couch)(amazingly), and i'd like to know what aa(a) luxeons besides fenix are out there? Preferably hard anodize, and at least an aa option if it's not primarily an aa, other than that, I'm open to suggestion :grin2:...

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I would normally suggest one of the Fenix lights (L1T,L1T), but since you don't want a fenix I would suggest the Nuwai X-3. It runs on AA's and is around 60 lumens on alkalines or 50 lumens on NIMH. You could also look for the Streamlight 4AA Lux. For $70 you could get one of each. Check flashlightreviews.com for a review of both of them.

Grubbster

Enlightened
Peak Pacific with a 1AA body. You also have the option of 1AAA, 2AAA, CR2, or the soon to be 2AA. Nice light at a great price. You also have the option of having them set it a different power levels, depending on your needs for brightness or runtime. No matter what level you choose, they are still underdriving the led, so the light should last forever.

carrot

Flashaholic
Hmm, how about a Surefire KL1 LED bezel and a Vital Gear VB3 from Lighthound? With the VB3 you get a choice of running 3x CR123's or 2x AA's for the KL1.

owenbright

Newly Enlightened
D@rk Messenger said:
Sounds good, but the surefire is probably gonna be out of my league...:ohgeez: forgot 1 important thing, I would be better if it has a 2 stage as well...then I would definately consider it.

It'd have to be REALLY REALLY sepcial to be more than your price range.. :awman:

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
cave dave said:
Dark,
Its about time you bought a headlamp. I think you can get an PT Apex for about that.

Technically I'm looking for a new edc, so a new headlight wouldn't exactly fit the bill, i'll look into the other lights for now. As for the brightness, it would be nice if it were fenix brightness or brighter(at least on high mode if a 2 stage).

PS The huntlight looks not bad :)

PPS I don't want a fenix because the finish is pretty cr@ppy. Mine's peeling like it was spraypaint or something :thumbsdow .

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)

.....Would you like 3 WATTS Luxeon from a SINgle AAA battery ?

Look at this one

From one of our CPF Modders

Avail. in 1 or 2 battery model (AAA) for $55 or $60

Check out the run-time charts

You might wanna consider it...............:grin2:

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
The jetbeam review from doug just came out, looks like a very impressive light, so I'm probably gonna get the 2 stage 1 when it comes out, but I'm still open to suggestion. Toomanygizmos, Lambda's modded nuwaii looks not bad, but they are less cost effective than the jetbeam and they are all sold out according to the thread and his website :awman: .