Good DVD audio ripper?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I need a good (hopefully "freeware") DVD audio ripper. I want to rip some sound tracks/bits to .mp3 files.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, direction would indeed be appreciated!

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also try:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You will probably have to "play" the tracks through your computer and record from the "Waveout Mix" setting (at least on my Windows PC). This is a pretty complete editing/mixing software package. Also works to record for other audio programs (winamp/windows player/other streaming audio packages) that I have tried..

-Bill

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use DVD Decrypter to save files to your HDD. Use VirtualDubMod to save the audio files as .WAV files and any program you like to convert them to MP3.

1. Decrypt DVD with Decrypter
2. Open .VOB files that contain the audio stream you want with VirtualDubMod
3. Select streams>stream list>save as Wav.
4. Open any program you wish to convert Wav. file to MP3. Audacity or Itunes are both free.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Total Recorder for all my audio recording: streaming, TV shows through tuner card, and radio shows via line-in jacks. All work great. I've used it enough that I purchased the full version, but I used the free version for quite a while. The free version has enough features to actually be useful while you are trying it out, unlike a lot of programs that are so dumbed down you can't even use it enough to know if you want to buy the full version.
http://www.totalrecorder.com/

was_jlh

Enlightened
Sigman said:
Just downloaded it - will that do DVDs? I see the CD option....

Sigman, I don't know, the DVD portion of your question didn't sink in til now.