Thieves needs to be shot... rant

It's unfortunate that people have to secure everything down and show distrust for other and have to inconvenience themselves, because of people who chose to be a burden to society. The druggies who steals and sells to afford drug offers nothing to the society other than being a liability.

This isn't some nine year old innocently stealing a candybar deal. Some scumbag decided he/she needed to steal my bike light to pay for their habit so that *I* have to pay to replace it. People who still needs to get shot when they're caught. They're costing us big time.

Bike gets stolen, who pays? The owner, or if it's an expensive item, the insurance policy holders.

Car gets stolen, who pays? every policy holder.

If these people feel they are entitled to depriving us of our property, then why can't we deprive him of himself? /rant

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
That used to be done in the USA. Now the only countries that kill and maim people for theft are those that we call "terrorists".
There was almost no drug related theft in England until they outlawed drugs rather than control them.
An alcoholic is an alcoholic for life and a horrible health risk.
A smoker is a smoker for life and a horrible heath risk.
A herion addict, if given legal drugs, can lead a normal productive life with none of the risks of alcohol or smoking and will tends to out grow the habit in 20 years or so.

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
In england You can tackle a thief but if you harm them then you are likely to get a longer time in jail than the actual thief does. Go figure that one out.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Handlobraesing said:
Some scumbag decided he/she needed to steal my bike light to pay for their habit so that *I* have to pay to replace it.

How do you know it was stolen to buy drugs with? Maybe someone just needed a light for their bike.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope I don't catch someone doing something to something of mine.I would go to jail.:huh2: there are some serious problems with todays people.

caused by a lack of respect among other things.
C:candle:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
leeleefocus said:
In england You can tackle a thief but if you harm them then you are likely to get a longer time in jail than the actual thief does. Go figure that one out.

Yes it's true, the UK is the only country where a person can break into your house and that person has rights. Personally, I hope they all kill each other or die of a drug overdose. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Safety1st

Enlightened
As you guys know, i'm a cop in England, UK.

I'm in a Road Crime Unit and deal with car thieves and other criminals that use vehicles and occupy the roads.

We've had some great successes recently, from car ringing teams being captured to insurance fraudsters being apprehended..

It's such a great feeling to catch that criminal and throw the cuffs on..and return the stolen vehicle to it's rightful owner..

The point i'm making is that the fight against crime goes on 24/7.....and there are many successes...

Stay safe people...and look after yourself and others..

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Safety1st said:
As you guys know, i'm a cop in England, UK.

I'm in a Road Crime Unit and deal with car thieves and other criminals that use vehicles and occupy the roads.

We've had some great successes recently, from car ringing teams being captured to insurance fraudsters being apprehended..

It's such a great feeling to catch that criminal and throw the cuffs on..and return the stolen vehicle to it's rightful owner..

The point i'm making is that the fight against crime goes on 24/7.....and there are many successes...

Stay safe people...and look after yourself and others..

"car ringing teams", "insurance fraudsters". these are crimes from groups, and crimes that has to do with insurance, which i'm sure are pressured from the industry!

will your road crime unit use the manpower to investigate, prosecute a crime against an individual's car?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
ACMarina said:
How about the castle doctrine? Thy home is thy castle, and it will be defended..
At this time, ten states have passed castle doctrine laws. Is yours one of them? Alabama is
:touche: :xyxgun: :poke: :poof: :twak:

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
My take on this; nothing in my home is worth taking the life of anyone. All life is precious, and even the thief may someday wake up, and change his life. I leave judgement to the courts and God. I would call 911 regardless, and I would defend my family, if I felt they were threatened. Things can be replaced. Lives, once gone, can't be.

oldgrandpajack

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Someone forceably/otherwise-uninvited enters my home will be face down on the floor or dead. Yeah, I suppose there is an in-between for the functionally-challenged, but I think I will draw the line at ~3'! All depends if I can get to one of the loaded quatro cincos in time. I've been a burglary victim and it sucked! To be home for a "home invasion," hopefully I will have time to reach the gun and flashlight!

Larry

cyberhobo

Enlightened
ACMarina said:
How about the castle doctrine? Thy home is thy castle, and it will be defended..

Ahh, the lawyer's ripped that one apart long ago. For more business I guess.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are some serious problems with todays people.

It's not just today's problem. I've had a number of run-ins with them going back 35 years. I have no sympathy for thieves.

As for nothing in my house worth taking a life, different folks different strokes, but I consider my family, friends and my person all items worth defending with deadly force.

-LT