ID3 Tag Editor that Listens to the Music?

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
Anybody ever heard of an ID3 tag editing program that can correctly ID a song 'listening' to the music? Like reading the audio data and IDing from that?

BF Hammer

Enlightened
An automated program like that would take all the fun out of the old "Name That Tune" gameshow. :)

I don't believe that there is any commercially available tool like that. Some things you just have to do yourself.

If you haven't tried it out already, take a look at Tag and Rename. It really makes adding and editting ID3 tags as easy as possible. I've used it for years.

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
OK One question for you all, How about one that can import info from a file?

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Tag & Rename can import information from the filename itself to fill in fields for the ID3 tag. It can also attempt to retrieve the tag info online from the IMDB. It actually works right most of the time if you select all the mp3 files of a particular CD at once and have it search the IMDB, but not always.

gorn

Enlightened
I use musicmatch jukebox. It is a good player and has about the best ID3 tag functions I have seen. It will hit the Internet music database to tag your song from the file name, imbed cover art and if you can find the lyrics of the song will imbed them too.

It's kind of neat to have someone ask about the lyrics of a song and then be able to bring them up on the screen of your ipod.