? two main versions of the EDC (HDS LR/HD) 2006

the fuzz

Enlightened
Found this info on my travels

http://www.pocketlights.com/blog/2006/02/day-4-from-2006-shot-show.html
High-Line LED Flashlights from HDS

HDS Systems, Inc. was founded by Henry Schneiker who also created the Arc 4. In addition to the EDC (Every Day Carry) line of flashlights, HDS introduced the LR model and the HD model flashlights.
All HDS flashlights are constructed of machined aerospace aluminum with a hard anodized finished. They feature a simple push button switch and an ultra clear coated lens.

There are two main versions of the EDC -- the Basic and Ultimate. The Basic comes in 42 and 60 lumen versions. The EDC Basic has four brightness settings. The EDC Ultimate is an improved version of the EDC Basic because it has more display modes such as SOS, emergency strobe, fully adjustable brightness setting, etc. The HDS EDC Basic ranges in price between $120 and $160 while the HDS Ultimate ranges in price from $195 and $295.

The HDS LR (Long Range) employs a longer, wider bezel that the EDC. It is powered by two CR 123A batteries and comes in 60 and 85 lumen versions. The HDS LR will be available in May and cost between $185 and $225.

The HDS HD (Heavy Duty) has a thicker, stronger housing than the EDC. Like the HDS LR it comes in 60 and 85 lumen versions. Its price ranges from $175 - $215. The HDS HD is pictured below under the HDS LR flashlight.

spokes

Newly Enlightened
Are you aware that the Basic 42 and 60 and the Ultimate 60 are the only lights mentioned are actually available? The others are, so far, just figments of a very fertile imagination. (except for the few U85s released last year and then withdrawn without explanation) The U85, starting about last October or November would again be available in Janu...no, wait, Februa.........uh, no, no, march or Ap...........oh no, that isn't right either. I expect to see the others about the second tuesday of next week.

Edit: I feel I should clarify my frustration. I have 3 EDCs. A basic 42 GT and 2 B42XRGTs. The lights are FANTASTIC! They are absolute marvels of form and function. If you are considering one, buy one of the models that actually exist now. Don't miss out on owning a great light by waiting for the latest and greatest incarnation that "may" show up "someday".

Last edited: