SF 9P + KL3

DownUnderLite

Newly Enlightened
Just got my KL3 head for my 9P.
Very happy with it's performance and the light is a lot whiter than I expected with no discernable flaws in the spot.

Now I understand that as an original 9P, the flashlight is somewhat water resistant to 30 feet or so.But now that I've got the KL3 head attached, is the water resistance compromised in any way?

Also, I notice that the KL3 has a small white spot(Adhesive decal) on the head next to the Labeling. Does this sticker have any significance?

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Water resistance should no be compromised. Surefire recently stated all their lights are actually water proof. I don't think I went swimming with my lights yet.

The white dot on the KL3 is to show the color output.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
I have a KL3 (2nd Gen) head on a Z2. While I have never submerged it (and have no intention of doing so), I have been caught in some pretty torrential downpours with it. I've never had a problem with water penetration from either end. I always add a second tailcap O-ring to my P, C and Z series lights. It's not really necessary, but Surefire made provision for it, and for 20 cents, why not.

dasanii19

Enlightened
I got my KL3 yesterday, love it... Tore that white dot sticker off, I was kinda curious what it meant also.. :)