Modding Fenix L1T LED & ranks...

moses

Enlightened
Been away for a while form this board and coming back has been a blast. There's been an explosion of lights beyond what I can imagine.

Anyways, a couple of questions:
1. Is the L1T current or voltage regulated?

2. To replace the LED, would it be better to us a T rank with H Vf or U rank with J Vf? (I'm assuming, rightly or wrongly that the luxeons may not be the highest grade currently available.)

3. I assume that the LED is pretty easily user replaceable? I'll have to do a more complete search on CPF but thought I'd ask here for a quick yes or no.

Thanks!
Mo

Last edited:

ginaz

Enlightened
well, i believe that at a given current the U bin will generally be brighter than the T but this is not always the case. a great T will outshine an average U so lux lottery still applies. the H and J will determine the runtime you'll get with an H lasting longer than a J. can't help you with the rest but i'm curious to see what kind of replies you get there.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the lower vF H. T bins are pretty good and your not going to notice a big difference going to a U. The H will help with runtime or brigthness if the driver is voltage boost only.

moses

Enlightened
Thank you all! As always, incredible community.

One more question if I may. Not knowing how the regulation work in the L1T, should I go for the R**H or T**H?

Blessings,
Mo

moses

Enlightened
AlexGt,

THANKS for suggeting TXXH over the U**J.

However, upon further reading, the regulation covers 1.2 to 4 volts. I'm assuming that with with Li-Ion, this would simply allow the full voltage current to get through.

if so, for the Luxeon to survive, it would need to be a T**J ranked. If we plan to also use Li-Ion, would it not be better to have a U**J?

Curious if you know for sure either way about the converter.

Thanks,
Mo

Latest posts