• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mag85 "lightweight" version (2 available) *WITHDRAWN*

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for grabs are the first two Mag85s I built. They are identical except one uses a LOP reflector and one uses a MOP reflector.

The Welch Allyn 1185 lamp is held by a ceramic bi-pin socket, and the socket is attached to a 6061-T651 aluminum base. The base is clamped into the switch just like the stock socket. Electrical connections to the socket are soldered and the switch has been fully ProGolded.

Power is by three CR123 primaries, which are inserted into a Delrin sleeve. The sleeve is removable from the light if you wish, but it's a snug fit so it doesn't rattle.

For optimal electrical output the tailcap spring has been replaced by a spring-loaded brass plunger. The plunger is alloy 360 brass and the plunger housing is 6061-T651 aluminum. The assembly is held in the cap with a snap ring.

Reflector is an M2, window is a Borofloat from flashlightlens.com.

This lamp, being 9.6 volts, is underdriven when using the CR123s. The lamp pulls 2.55 amps from brand new batteries. All parts are brand new and each light has been tested but not used.

I built them because I wanted a stealthy Maglite with a big burst of photonic power. CR123s were chosed to keep this thing as reliable as a Maglite (no early self-discharge of NiMH cells). Other than the output and the lack of rattles, this is a regular old Maglite to the untrained eye hahaha.

The host tube and head are not modified so the socket/switch, tailcap and window/reflector can be moved to a new C-cell host if you want to change the color, etc.

Asking $100 each plus $10 for USPS Priority shipping.

PS: I'm flexible if you want other mods done to the light before you buy.

Last edited: