Holster recommendations for an HDS EDC Ultimate 60XRGT

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I currently use an old maglite holster to EDC my HDS 60 light. What I like: there is enough width to hold the light snugly and with the clip, it's a great fit and the flap fits over the light so its securely in place. What I don't like: it's a bit bulky and long as there is extra material at the bottom (for the longer AA maglite).

I'm looking at picking up a proper holster for the HDS light but noticed that some of the holsters are plastic (the part that would fit on your belt), then a more rigid leather (or imitation leather) holder for the light itself. I'd prefer a nylon holster as it's not as rigid.

I'd like to hear any ideas from those who have an HDS light.

Thanks!

jarobi

Enlightened
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=81042

I've ordered two of these holsters for the HDS EDC. Very durable Cordura nylon, high quality, and fits the HDS perfectly, with and without the clip. This is the only way to go IMO. He has them in stock. Sixteen bucks, shipped. The holster is black, not olive drab like the one pictured in his thread.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have the nylon one that is sold here on the B/S/T page.
I like it.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Thanks a lot for the tips! :twothumbs

I like the look of both the nylon and the kydex holsters. Hmm, I notice that the kydex holster has an interesting locking mechanism for the belt, the angle is bad but how is the mechanism? Any issues with this coming loose?

Once again, my wallet opens yet again for this obsession...:broke: