A2 color change?

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible and/or feasible to change the color of the LEDs on a SF A2? Thanks......Wallace

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theoretically it could be done, with the proper tools and skills. Some have swapped the stock LEDs with brighter ones. However, for just changing the colors, I don't know if it'd be worth the bother, since you could either:

Use a colored beamfilter, or
Sell the one you have and buy a new one with the color you want. Unless you want a color that isn't sold by SF.

Hey, my 1000th post!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You could offer a trade on BST, your white led ring for a green, red, orange, etc. led ring. Easy to remove led ring. I am thinking about trading my red led ring for a white one. Not sure I would get any takers.

Bill

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I should have been more specific. The incoming A2 has Blue LEDs and I was wondering if they could be R&R'd for red. Not saying I can't live with blue, just seeing if it was possible. Thanks........Wallace

Wattnot

Enlightened
I have the same question and was surprised to find so few threads asking this exact question.

I didn't see the LED ring for sale as a part on SF's site. Is there a source for replacement rings? If so, is it possible to take a factory white one and, with an easy drop in, make it into a red one that will be OEM for all intents and purposes?

Valolammas

Enlightened
For changing the LEDs, see here, for example. If I remember correctly, at least some of the the different color LED rings use different resistor values, so take that into account. E.g. the red LEDs run at lower current than white ones.

You could also check AC's A2 thread collection, if you haven't yet. It hasn't been updated for a while, though.

There has been talk, but as far as I know, no replacement rings are currently available.

Latest posts