my first surefire arrived today (e2 executive) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aragorn, I know the feeling. Congratulations
smile.gif

I can't think that anyone could find the E2 less than excellent.

lightlover
smile.gif
wink.gif

ps - As to the Arc, I'm still waiting for the CPF HA blue edition. Then, finally, I'll have an idea of what all you guys have been talking about
frown.gif
shocked.gif

Bucky

Enlightened
As soon as I have my E2e (hopefully Monday) and my CPF Edition Arc AAA with me, the perfect EDC will be complete.
grin.gif

Bucky

George Orl

Newly Enlightened
Aragorn, Its amazing how much light comes out of the small E2! Half my fun is showing its powerful round beam to non-surefire owners. They of course want to know how to buy one afterwards. Enjoy it!

supertrucker

Newly Enlightened
I just got my first surefire yesterday, it's
an E2 in gun metal. I couldn't be happier with it. My 6 year old girl was putting on a "hand puppet" show with it earlier, It is so bright I didn't even worry about those expensive batts!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
actually the output nearly lost my job today
tongue.gif
i soppose that the manage ment requires their eyesight . sure do like that that tail swoitch though
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Give you a hint on impressing people without pissing them off. Put a white piece of paper on the desk; point at a spot on the paper & tell them to look at it; pointing the light at the paper @ close to 90 degrees, turn it on for about 1 sec. Makes a really good impression. Try it. Also, if you have any rechargable AA, put them in the Tec 40 with a 3D krypton bulb. You won't believe the difference.
SHOCKED.gif
TX

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Also, if you have any rechargable AA, put them in the Tec 40 with a 3D krypton bulb. You won't believe the difference. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been using the KPR103 bulb from Radio Shack in the Tec 40. Much brighter, but I don't have an E2 to compare it with. Still not a great beam quality, though. Bright, but only fairly smooth. You're right about only using it with rechargeables. I put alkalines in it today, and it blew.

OK. Now everyone go back to the topic.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
shocked.gif
ordered tuesday and ups ground showed up today. i still hate ups but no longer feel the need to go postal on them. back to the e2. well i thought it be small and light and bright but not to that extreme. i thought the box was emty . and ive never seen a light so small . and it beats the tec 40 to peices. this light is the arc aaa of the incand world. an edc for sure(fire)
the minut i got this light called surefire and complemented them on it. i couldn't help it
wow what a light
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

pk

Photon King
Aragorn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
...the minut i got this light called surefire and complemented them on it. i couldn't help it...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was nice to talking with you and I am happy to hear that you are happy.
Enjoy it.

Regards,
pk

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
shocked.gif
ordered tuesday and ups ground showed up today. i still hate ups but no longer feel the need to go postal on them. back to the e2. well i thought it be small and light and bright but not to that extreme. i thought the box was emty . and ive never seen a light so small . and it beats the tec 40 to peices. this light is the arc aaa of the incand world. an edc for sure(fire)
the minut i got this light called surefire and complemented them on it. i couldn't help it
wow what a light
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's pretty much the feeling I had when I got my E2 (my first SureFire) about a month ago.
cool.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
txwest,

I have both reflectors. With the faceted one, the beam is much smoother, but it's kind of oval. Maybe I got a bum reflector.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy Guyer:
txwest,

I have both reflectors. With the faceted one, the beam is much smoother, but it's kind of oval. Maybe I got a bum reflector.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mine is about 10% oval, which is negalable. If your's is worse, I don't know what to tell you. TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy Guyer:
I've been using the KPR103 bulb from Radio Shack in the Tec 40. Much brighter, but I don't have an E2 to compare it with. Still not a great beam quality, though. Bright, but only fairly smooth. You're right about only using it with rechargeables. I put alkalines in it today, and it blew.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Does your Tec 40 have the smooth or faceted reflactor? Mine has the faceted (hammer finish) & is very smooth. As good as any of my SF's & much rounder than most. TX

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Mine is about 10% oval, which is negalable. If your's is worse, I don't know what to tell you. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I happened to have an extra faceted reflector, still in its package from Brightguy. It's a little better than the one I had in my Tec 40. Less oval, but still a little oval. I tried rotating the bulb in both cases (this is with the stock bulb, since I blew my KPR103 and I bought the last one from Radio Shack). Rotating the bulb has some effect, but not much. I don't think the slight oval beam is as apparent in the field as when you shine it against a wall. But I would prefer a more uniform beam. Still a very good beam (if not a bit too narrow), and very bright with the KPR103 (thanks again Alan).

The brightest narrow beam I have ever seen was when I was using a Surge bulb in the Tec 40 with polished reflector. It put out a super bright beam, aligned almost like a laser. It was no more oval than with the so called "wide beam" reflector, with a peripheral beam that basically sucked. But if you really want a spot, this worked very well. In fact, I may want to resurrect that configuration, and keep it on the side for certain applications.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had a reason to take the bulb out of my Surge. I didn't realize it was a PR base like the Tec 40. TX

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had a reason to take the bulb out of my Surge. I didn't realize it was a PR base like the Tec 40

My Surge has a bi-pin lamp. I`m pretty sure they all do.

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys what is the difference between the e2 and the e2executive? or are they the same light?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had a reason to take the bulb out of my Surge. I didn't realize it was a PR base like the Tec 40. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if I confused anybody. The Surge is bi-pin. I soldered one onto a PR base for the mod.