Recent use of Photon

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a Photon of some type on just about every keychain my wife and I use. They get used a lot for standard stuff -- purse and console searches, etc.

Recently, I took my elderly father in law to his doctors appointment. The doctor needed to check his (my f-i-ls) ears. Since the doc had just moved offices, his "ear flashlights" were in another exam room. He was happy to use my Photon (and impressed).

Last week, I was at the hospital with an elderly relative. When she had a convulsion, I summoned the nurse. Who, in turn, summoned the head nurse. There was no flashlight in the room and neither nurse had one. So my Photon was used to check pupil response.

The first incident didn't concern me - actually I thought it kind of funny. The second concerned me greatly. This was the most modern facility of the "best" hospital in the region. To not have something as basic as a flashlight readily at hand is unheard of and for a nurse, particularly a supervisor, to not have a light source is inexcusable.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Great Story Bigiron, Did you refer them over here?? They could learn a thing or two if they weren't careful!!! Doug:)

Synergy

Newly Enlightened
BIGIRON said:
The first incident didn't concern me - actually I thought it kind of funny. The second concerned me greatly. This was the most modern facility of the "best" hospital in the region. To not have something as basic as a flashlight readily at hand is unheard of and for a nurse, particularly a supervisor, to not have a light source is inexcusable.

You'd be surprised by how common this is :thumbsdow

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Photon last night, my wife dropped her change purse which is all she had so to pick up change from the grass I gave her my X1 and I used the Photon.

I used it yesterday afternoon, my wife said there was a leak under the sink so I without thinking climbed under there, the only light I could reach the way I was laying was my photon on my keyring (its on a valet style ring and pops off all to itself) and I used it to look around, find and fix the problem.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You never know when another interesting use for a Photon will come up!

When you have it with you always, there's never a worry.