LxP to LxT+ mod.

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
When I heard about the LxT's and how the low mode was "too bright," I took it as a challenge to figure out some way to have two stages via twisting, and have an adjustable low (and if possible, high) mode. I suceeded. :rock:

I used Lambda's excellent minipro adjustable driver. How, you might ask? What many of you don't know is that while the pot is set for lower output, grounding pin 2 will force the driver into full power.

So I hooked up the heatsink to operate like a normal minipro adjustable, and made an electrically isolated contact on the bottom to be hooked up to pin 2. I drilled a hole to be able to turn the pot. When the head is unscrewed and the bottom contact is not touching ground, it operates in low mode through the threads. When the head is on tight, the bottom contact is in contact with the ground and it operates in forced high mode.

It's basically an LxT with a pot for the low mode, thus, LxT+

Brightness is pretty much the same as L1P on either 1 or 2 AA's. It works with CR123s too. Goes into DD with Li-ions, so low mode does not work.

That's it! Very simple. I'll get some pics later so that you guys will understand better.

Last edited:

Latest posts