TerraLUX MaxStar3 3W Luxeon LED for Maglite flashlight TLE-DB3

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I have one of these in one of my Mag 3 C and it outperforms a standard 3 C or D light. As far as large police-type lights go, I would not recommend carrying, or having available, anything bigger than a Mag 3 C.

My Force now issues Mag 3 D to our Cadets in Basic Training, so I am recommending to any of them that I know to buy at least a 3 watt TerraLux. I am also getting a 5 watt module soon which I will test against the 3 watt, and I may change my recommendation yet.

MadMag

Newly Enlightened
I believe it is unregulated. I have used one in 2D/3C conversion for months and it performs great. Good smooth beam with good throw for LED.

Miracle

Enlightened
MadMag said:
I believe it is unregulated. I have used one in 2D/3C conversion for months and it performs great. Good smooth beam with good throw for LED.

:awman:

I was just about to buy 2 of this unit

what do you mean by 'conversion'?

can some kind souls please recommend a good 100-120 lumen LED replacement for the 5c maglite?

:huh2:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest waiting for Lumileds to finish developing it first.
Maybe one of the K2 bins will reach this landmark one of these days.

Miracle said:
can some kind souls please recommend a good 100-120 lumen LED replacement for the 5c maglite?

:huh2:

CaptCarrot

Newly Enlightened
or buy a couple of dummie bats to turn the 5c into a 3c (and make it lighter at the same time)