Surefire C3 Clears A Path

AA89GTA

Newly Enlightened
In my local town we have a jubilee every year about this time. There's a parade in the morning, which I normally sleep through, followed by a day of talent shows, bands, food, kids stuff, etc. at the park. Then at night, they put on a spectacular fireworks show that gets better and better every year.

There's no parking nearby unless you get there very early, so my girlfriend and I had to hike a couple blocks to get a good view of the fireworks. I was pushing the stroller with her 4 month old down the side walk while she walked next to me. To my surprise there were quite a few people walking up the sidewalk away from where the fireworks would be launched. When people approached on the sidewalk in the opposite direction, my girlfriend would move in behind me to form a single file line so we didn't take up the whole walkway. However, many people made no effort to move or return any courtesy. So I started to get a bit frustrated.

There was one area that was very dark, between the spaced out streetlights where we met about 10 teenagers walking in a group taking up the whole sidewalk. I moved the stroller to the side, my girlfriend stepped behind me, and the group of teens kept walking up making no effort to make a single file line so we could share the sidewalk. And they kept coming. So, I took out my Surefire C3 with P91 and sent a couple blasts of light down the sidewalk (just so I could see where I was going a little bit better;)) as they got within feet of us. The crowd scattered and one girl must have gotten a heavy dose of light because I saw her jerk her head away, put her hands in front of her face, and stumble off the sidewalk exclaiming, "***damn that's a bright *** light! Oh my Gosh! I can't see!" I could tell that she wasn't mad because she was kinda giggling, having fun, probably drunk. But it sure was funny. My girlfriend and I laughed at it the rest of the night:laughing:. There were a couple other vague, muffled comments too but I didn't make them out. We pretty much had the whole sidewalk to ourselves after that.

Anyway, we enjoyed the show and had a nice evening. To top things off, later that night at about 1am the power went out on the whole block for a little over an hour. :D Good stuff. Hope you enjoyed my little story.

--Aaron

Last edited:

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA89GTA said:
hole walkway. However, many people made no effort to move or return any courtesy. So I started to get a bit frustrated.

When I run into people like that on the street, they usually get to say hello to my hard shoulder.

Great story also :D

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to hijack your thread but I had my own story this weekend.

I spent the entire weekend helping a friend move. We had a large flatbed truck with a Tommylift. Our last run for Saturday ended about 9:30pm. The truck had a backup alarm and with the lift in use we sounded like we were repossesing a car. Well Jack's new pad is on a cul-de-sac in a semi-rural neighborhood. Very dark with lots of vegatation. After we secured the truck for the night I did a walk around to make sure we didn't leave anything. I used my E2O (configured with a MN03 LA). For shits and grins I illuminated the end of the cul-de-sac and busted a few neighbors hiding in the shadows watching us. Talk about a "deer in the headlights look!" I hope I set a good precedent for Jack and his new neighbors.

chazpages

Newly Enlightened
haha, catching the neighbors spying, its the greates thing:laughing: