Dog Dumpers

Tom_Dunn

Newly Enlightened
Takes a fair amount to ruffle me up, I try to be a "don't judge, turn the other cheek" kind of person.

Not always successfully.

When it comes to people dumping dogs out on a back road, I get fired up quick.

There is NO excuse for it.

If you do it, you are a dispicable person.

You have no business making your responsibility someone elses situation/problem to be handled. It shows you lack character.

Because you do it on a remote road not to be seen, you are a coward.

Because you willingly subject the dog to a plethora of dangers, disease, and suffering, you are cold.

Because you could speed away without looking back to see how far you were chased, you are heartless.

You suck.
Period.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsdow:scowl::whoopin: Take them 75 100 miles out into a desert and leave them there to walk back. That would still be too good for them.:(
C

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have dogs dumped in the field by our house all the time.
awman.gif
I think it is a despicable act however at least here, taking them to the SPCA or the animal shelter is most assuredly a death sentence.
huh2.gif
I know of 4 dumped dogs that have been adopted by neighbors and the odds are about the same for animals surrendered.

We somehow need to address and find better ways to regulate dog/animal ownership and or breeding, otherwise this age old cowardly act will continue.
icon3.gif

Tom_Dunn

Newly Enlightened
Shoot, NAW, some friends found a puppy in a cardboard box discarded on the side snowbank of Rt 28 in northern NYS. They noticed the box tipping around, stopped, dog would have froze in hours, had it curled up still to keep warm it's fate would have likely been different. Maybe 7-8 weeks old, just weaned...today fat and happy, about 1 1/2 years old, named "Diesel".

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
I got a dog and I known him for a long time. "Dogs are considered mans best friend". I don't know how these people can abandon there "friend".

B.T.W. what are you guys going to do with "Diesel"

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
People who abandon their dog (or any other pet) is such a manner should be shot ...

But only after being dumped 100 miles away from civilisation having to walk back, being chased by the catcher, and being locked up for a few weeks... If nobody shows up to claim the dog abandoner... :poof:

Christoefor

Newly Enlightened
Both are dogs are rescue dogs one black lab mix and one cocker spanial. Could not ask for better dogs. There is a place in hell for dog dumpers.
Christoefor

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. If you're going to get rid of your dog, have the guts to look it in the eye and shoot it (or have it put to sleep). That way, it's easier on the dog and you have a better idea of who you are and what you've done.

Last edited:

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
I totally agree with you,but one of the best dogs we ever had was someone's throwaway.Their loss -our gain.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
My little Minpin came from a rescue place. She has been bounced around so much and she was not being taken care of but look at her now:

Can you say AWWWWWWW.....

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is worse than a dog dumper. That is the dog concentration camp official. What is this? This is a person who chains (literally, heavy gauge chain, not animal leash chain) a dog to a concrete slab in his back yard (so they can't be seen) that is covered with dog waste and motor oil. The dogs may or may not have shade. They have little water and are badly dehydrated. They get no food and are starving to death. Their bones are visible. Some have starvation disorders. One cannot walk and is considered to have 24-48 hours to live by the vet. All have parasites and fly bites as well as patches of hair missing. They are covered in motor oil and are sick and near death. These dogs receive emergency intervention that includes immediate intravenous fluids by a vet. They make complete recoveries.

The concentration camp official is arrested and tried for animal cruelty. I am on the jury. In persuading the jury of the crime, I argue that the "official" could have released the dogs to scratch out a living on the streets (which I see happen every day--strays can be pretty happy dogs), but instead "imprisons" them to await death by starvation or sickness. Cruelty defined. 3 out of 4 counts guilty, and hung on one count with two holdouts--both men who work in the computer coding industry. Don't know what that means.

Tooner

Newly Enlightened
Beamhead said:
I think it is a despicable act however at least here, taking them to the SPCA or the animal shelter is most assuredly a death sentence.
huh2.gif
I know of 4 dumped dogs that have been adopted by neighbors and the odds are about the same for animals surrendered.

I must respectfully disagree. I don't think you really meant to imply that dumped animals have a better chance at life than those taken to a shelter. I'm afraid that this is probably the logic used by dumpers to justify this loathsome act in their own minds. You probably just don't see the ones that didn't get taken in.

The shelters do the best they can to adopt out the animals in their care. Even though the shelters have to put down many animals, they do it as humanely as possible, and I think that the animals have a better shot at being adopted than they do at surviving in the wild, or if they are really lucky, being taken in by a finder. Many shelters are no-kill, even the ones that must kill are able to transfer some of the animals to other no-kill shelters in the area if the animal does not get adopted right away.

Domestic animals are just not equipped to survive in the wild. Their most likely fate is being hit by a car if they are lucky, starving, freezing, being ripped apart by predators, illness, and lastly a short life as a feral.

We donate regularly to shelters in our area. Please take advantage of us and use your local shelter. You can get a new friend; low/no cost spaying and neutering, and give your pet a chance at survival in cases where you just cannot care for them any longer.

Tom_Dunn

Newly Enlightened
NAW, the folks who found Diesel took him in the car with them to the local ski lodge, thats where they were headed. Upon hearing the story, a young fella who works there saw him and took him home. Diesel now lives a fat and happy existence at Drakes Inn in Inlet NY. It's good to be a dog in a family that owns a restaurand!