Streamlight New products

Velcro

Enlightened
Those Stinger HP's look neat. 40,000 CP out of such a small package, whoohoo! Looks like good competition for the Sure-Fire 8 and 9 series Commander lights.

Anyway, in the product specs I noticed that the Stinger HP lamp is xenon gas filled and that the Stinger XT HP lamp is xenon halogen gas filled. Perhaps this is a typo?

Greetings,
Velcro

Gandalf

Enlightened
When the first mention of the upgade to the standard Stinger to 40,000CP was made, I checked the heads on the standard and Ultra Stinger. Of course,
shocked.gif
the Ultra Stinger head fits the older, standard Stinger. Add a next generation xenon lamp, and that's what's now on Streamlight's website.
cool.gif

Anyone have any idea how much the upgrade kit for the standard Stinger to the HP, (or Turbo, ala SureFire), is going to cost?

Stramlight is going to get even more of Maglite's business with the new HP lights.
tongue.gif

How long before Maglite figures out that they need to upgrade existing products, and introduce new ones, if they want to stay in the lucrative Law Enforcement and Emergency/search/rescue, etc. business.

Aside from the Rodney King size/weight factor, there is no reason to buy a Magcharger, when a Stremalight HP will do the same job at lower cost, and about 1/3 the size and weight...
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
So,

Does the Singer 40,000 cp upgrade replace the bulb also? Or does it just replace the reflector and concentrates the beam to up the cp rating like usual. That's why I like Lumen ratings better, less manipulated data. I just checked and the 15k and 40k models have the same 3.7watt 6v bulb so it lookes like they just added a Turbo Head type reflector to tighten the beam up.

Anyway, the dual charger looks good too, charges on Stinger and a spare out of the body at the same time, looks like they learned that from SF 8xX and 9AN.

Companies are just now catching up to SF Products introduced in the mid-80's! 6P,8X was introduced at least 15 years ago! Makes for an exciting 2002 year for us flashaholics
grin.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The street price for the Stinger upgrade should be 25-30 bucks, at least that's what I paid for the US upgrade for a Super Stinger (Haed and bulb). The HP will use the US head, and a new bulb.

--dan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
Streamlight is going to get even more of Maglite's business with the new HP lights.

How long before Maglite figures out that they need to upgrade existing products, and introduce new ones, if they want to stay in the lucrative Law Enforcement and Emergency/search/rescue, etc. business.

Aside from the Rodney King size/weight factor, there is no reason to buy a Magcharger, when a Stremalight HP will do the same job at lower cost, and about 1/3 the size and weight...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I will agree that Mag could use an upgrade, the MagCharger is still a lot more durable than the UltraStinger. I know several people who have already broken UltraStingers, but other who've had their MagChargers 10+ yrs and have abused the lights and they are still going without a problem.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,
AGR has the UltraHead kit for $20.98.
Am I correct in assuming this will fit on my Stinger?
Hmmm.
Thinking of getting an UltraStinger, anyway though, so...will the US fit in the chargers for my Stinger, as well (it's only $65 without the chargers
wink.gif
)?
Thanks.

emeraldwolf, any details on how those USs got broken? I've got a friend's old duty Stinger that he carried for over 4 years, and has been dropped from a roof, thrown at people
grin.gif
, used as an impact weapon, and possibly even used as a flashlight (kidding-night shift-used constantly). The boot over the switch is worn away and needs replacing, and there's scratches all over it. I replaced the battery and the bulb, and it's just like a new one...but with character-ok, it needs a new lens, too. He got to check out a US the other night, that one of his buddies carries and is in love with it.
Wouldn't mind hearing more, good or bad, about the US before I get one.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UltraStinger's head fits perfectly on a regular Stinger, BUT you need the new HP STinger bulb...

--dan

redbird

Enlightened
I checked with Greg at Briteguy and he says about $24 for the HP head assembly. I asked about using it on the polystinger but he has not yet responded.

Does anyone know if it will work on that light. We have 2 stingers and one poly and would like to upgrade all 3.

We also use the US but the size of the regular stinger would make it the most used.
wink.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
Looks like a very cool light...but I think I've been spoiled by the added light transmision of pyrex. Wonder why more manufacturers don't use it.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Dan.
Looking at the site again, I see they now say the UltraHead fits the regular Stinger. Before (in dealers' advertising) I always saw it as an upgrade for a SuperStinger, and wasn't sure of the difference.
It looks like the bulbs are the same, and the head is the difference, though?
Stinger and Stinger HP both show 3.7v 6w bulbs...
Wonder what kind of battery life it would have with a 6.3v bulb. edit:cool, my brain stopped, but my fingers kept typing
blush.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WaltH:
Looks like a very cool light...but I think I've been spoiled by the added light transmision of pyrex. Wonder why more manufacturers don't use it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been spoiled by the HID headlights on my car...wonder why more cars don't use it.
tongue.gif

wheel

Newly Enlightened
hey RedBird: I too am interested in buying the head for a polystinger. As soon as you find out something, please post if you will.
thanks, Wheel
smile.gif