Digilight NT9?

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
I'm thinking about buying a Digilight NT9 as a police duty light. I've searched alot and found little in the way of reviews for this light. What is everyone's opinion, would it be a good light to replace my Strion? Or should I buy the Digilight battery/charger/bulb and a Surefire 6p(which I assume are compatible)???

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
THey have a very short runtime, far less than your Strion did.

Digilight%20NT9%20with%20RX9v.png

How about an Inova T4? They're a quite a bit bigger but they run a lot longer too.

mdocod

Flashaholic
the NT9 is a 2 cell sized light... with ~150 lumens output.. The fact that it runs for over 30 minuts at good output is remarkable...

For duty work- may I suggest, a 4 cell light, 2 17670 sized li-ions, and a 9V lamp. (digilight DRB-9VHP, WE 9V D26, Surefire P90/P91,)... most of those will run for around an hour or more.. with the acception of the P91 from Surefire- very bright, but a complete battery hog...

If you are willing to step up to both a 4 cell sized body, and a turbo head.... G&P just came out with a rechargable 500 lumen li-ion powered tactical light.... bout $85+shipping..

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
What about using a Digilight NT9 bulb(175 lumens) in a Surefire 9p? What kind of rechargeables should I use/runtime to expect? I need a light small enough to go on my belt, but with alot better beam profile/output than a strion. I prefer li-ion batteries(no memory). I have the Inova T4 but it doesn't throw well/led light gets washed out, prefer incans. I've BEGGED surefire to come out with a light such as the strion(but with surefire quality and great beam) forever but they seem uninterested, there recharegeable line needs updating.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the following options:

- Nextorch RT3 or RT7 rechargable xenon, 6V and 9V bulbs respectively

- Wolf-Eyes 6V or 9V lights. A WE 9D with turbo head sounds like it'd fit your needs, but not sure if it's too big.

- Streamlight TL-3 using 2x 17500 Li-Ion cells (very bright!) and lasts ~1hr

- Streamlight TL-2 using 2x 16340 (R123A) Li-Ion cells running a TL-3 bulb. Same brightness as the TL-3, but in a much smaller package (brighter and smaller than any of the other options I listed).

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
I'm gonna check out the SL tl3, still debating whether to get a 6p or 9p and some kinda l-ion rechargeable. Tried the Surefire 8ax but the beam didn't look right to me plus its a little big. Already had a streamlight stinger and the output/beam/memory effect suceptible nicads weren't to my liking.