SUREFIRE DEALERS FOR UK

frosty

Enlightened
Can anyone help me out. I live in the UK and have been scouring the web for Surefire dealers but without much success. The ones I can find all seem to want top dollar. Does anyone know of reputable dealers that don't charge the earth, either direct in the UK or in the US who ship to the UK? Thanks.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're not rip off merchants, they simply charge the manufacturer's RRP.

I'm betting the UK Surefire stockists pay more per unit than we do from unofficial retailers like the one in your link.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I agree with Kakster.
If there was a [larger] market for SureFires in the UK then perhaps a distributer with a more consumer orientated thrust would fight to get the contract rewarding consumers with cheaper prices.

leduk

Enlightened
Surfing turned these guys up. No idea about service,prices etc. Seem to have a good range though.
Streetgadgets.

Cheers

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
kakster & Size 15's, you are probably right. I'd love to see the trade prices including shipping and business import duties etc. As you say, I doubt these retailers have the option of buying a large amount - I'm sure they don't shift very fast at these prices!!
Of all the retailers (Not UK net sites) I have seen, AZ electronics in London, Brewer St. have the least inflated prices. I bought a G2 from them for 'only' £40 I think the next in cost was around £80 for the 6P but I may be wrong on that so don't quote me as Gospel.
I think this is why there are so few shops that stock them, and by not having them generally available, coupled with next to no advertising, they will find it difficult to create a significant demand here in the UK.

Be lucky...

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
kakster said:
They're not rip off merchants, they simply charge the manufacturer's RRP.

Sorry Kakster but have a look at some of the prices UK reatilers are charging and if you think £ 290 ( That's $ 530.00 !!! ) is the RRP for an Surefire M3....

Even the site mentioned above, which seems about the best of the lot, is charging £12 ( $22.00 ) for two cells. You can get 20 delivered from the US for about £2 more.

I know they have to make more profit due to the cost of living in the UK but still.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Among many other US dealers who will ship to the UK, I will add my recommendation for LIGHTHOUND, all my orders from him have been delivered quickly, I have been informed of the items shipment date, and the prices are great. Shipping costs are reasonable, and are dealt with by an 'international surcharge' which varies depending on the item, but is right there on the web page to see.

Another dealer who will ship to UK is OPTICSHQ, and they do a CPF discount coupon code, in addition to offering 'special' prices for members (create an account, costs $5, which is deducted from the first order anyway). The only slight downside to OPTICSHQ is that international shipping is not laid out on the site, it is calculated after the order is submitted, but Mike at OPTICSHQ will give a shipping quote on request, I got my M4 from there, and shipping was around $24 for Global Priority.

As I am in the RAF, I can get a 'military and police' price for Surefire stuff from Edgar Brothers, the imprters, but I still find, on many SF items, it's cheaper to add the postage, and buy from USA, generally LIGHTHOUND, especially batteries, where I am getting packs of 50 Battery Station lithiums.

Good luck !

PS, I just had a look at the STREETGADGETS website..... SF brand lithium cells, £11.98 ($21) for 2 cells !!!:thumbsdow I understand the markup needed for overseas dealers, but I will vote with my feet (and my money).

Last edited:

leduk

Enlightened
7day also do safe case holders for 6x123s at 99p and knock out the Nuwai(Ring/Cybalite) ALX-233C 3W 3C for £15.99. Hama small deltaV 2AA charger with 2 2400 NiMH batts for £5.79! Customer service is good, I found. Downside is the time for delivery, not speedy.

They have some funny no VAT deal going on as they're based in Gurnsey I think.

Cheers.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 7dayshop brand AA 2700mah nimh batterys, and i can only get around 2300mah, rubbish.

Now their re-baged vanson charges, are excellent value.

But they are not fast on delivery.

regards.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
leduk said:
They have some funny no VAT deal going on as they're based in Gurnsey I think.

Cheers.

Yep, all your stuff sent in packages of under £18...very handy indeed!
thumbsup.gif

CFU

Scythe_rr

Newly Enlightened
I got my gladius from streetgadgets, the service was very good, i ordered the tan version by mistake when i wanted the black one. A quick email later and it was changed.
Not sure about the surefire prices, but the gladius was £184 with free delivery, and i've just noticed they've started stocking the falcata incan good stuff indeed.
AND, they take visa electron.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, 7day shop! Now I remember, I used to buy all my batteries,printer ink,some torches etc from them. Pretty good service - never had to wait too long (when they had it in stock!).I use the AA and AAA cases from them everyday - recommended.

Be lucky...

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
www.tacticaltorches.com is a good, honest Uk surefire dealer.

The reason surefires cost more in the Uk is that the dealers have to pay the import duty and vat on top of the cost of the torch.

I know Tony from tactical torches, and he realy doesn't make much from selling them, he's more in it for the hobby.

If you import stuff you can choose to break the law and lie about the cost of the goods your importing. You can only do this with unisured postage. You risk the loss of your lights with no comeback. You also risk procecution.
If you get postal insurance you can't lie about the cost, otherwise your under insuring, and you can and probably will get hit for import duty and vat when it arrives at your door. You may also get hit with courier fees aswell.

Your choise, but not all the dealers are ripping you off.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raoul_Duke.

you make me want to cry.

I can import any surefire flashlight from the US and pay the import and tax and still save a small forture over UK prices.

regards.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Maybee you'd like to import some tissues while your at it then.

Why dont you become a UK surefire dealer then matey, and beat all the other Rip off merchants at their own game.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
STREETGADGET's price for the Surefire G2Z is £74.95, that's $136.

When I was in a BX recently, I got one for $65, which is a little less than the $79 SF recommended price, and $71 less than STREETGADGET., I could buy 2 for their price!

Even the BX, selling them for $65 is making a profit, and paying to have them delivered (to Abu Dhabi, in this case), and Surefire are making a profit when every light leaves the factory, but I don't see how, in travelling from the factory to a dealer in the UK it effectively doubles in price.

Last edited:

rabbit

Newly Enlightened
Nyctophiliac said:
Of all the retailers (Not UK net sites) I have seen, AZ electronics in London, Brewer St. have the least inflated prices. I bought a G2 from them for 'only' £40 I think the next in cost was around £80 for the 6P but I may be wrong on that so don't quote me as Gospel.
I think this is why there are so few shops that stock them, and by not having them generally available, coupled with next to no advertising, they will find it difficult to create a significant demand here in the UK.

Be lucky...

I agreed, I think AZ has the most complete range of Surefire in London!