Solid State Growing

Crosseyed&Painless

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am new to this forum and found it interesting considering my new line of work. I work at a company in Vermont which creates very high intensity LED light heads that work in conjunction with various software controlled current sources for the machine vision industry.

Currently we use Luxeon Lumileds as our main source for our high current and high intensity light heads. For those of you who havent heard of the Luxeon Emitters, you should check out www.luxeon.com. They make 1 watt up to 5 watt LEDs in all colors that are seriously BRIGHT. The 5 watters can go up to a maximum 1.5A! thats some serious power

That aside, I am going to begin an experiment with LED light sources for growing plants. I'm familiar with the spectral wavelengths of LEDs and what is required for a plant to maximise growth. I'm currently going to run a 33 watt array of 24 Red (660nm) and 8 Blue (470nm) lumiled LEDs. I plan to illuminate 1-3 plants under this area, and this area is very bright! lights up my whole room just about. Im curious if any of you LED nuts have tried anything of this nature, and what were the results? I've done alot of reading about it and can produce results if the color wavelengths are utilized.

proFeign

Newly Enlightened
No kidding! I've learned more than I could have ever hoped to find out (and fast) from people here. Enjoy CPF as a resource!