K2 Stars

mdocod

Flashaholic
wow, i thought they were only doing emitters atm..

maybe i'll have to order a few of those and drop em in some of my star lights.... (but then again, i'm lazy and will probably forget about it and spend money on somethnig else before i get around to it, lol)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
albino said:
what meens low and hight current?
hight = U-bin
low = R-bin
... stated within the description

don´t the K2s need heatseeking? even on full power?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, given what I understand out of the sheet,
the K2 are not really a more powerful "need-to" change from the Lux III,
or did I miss something?

(sorry if this has already been explained in lenght in here, maybe did not notice that tread then)

L

LED Supply

All right, there seems to be some discussion as to whether these are "official" or not. These K2 Stars are not manufactured by LumiLEDs the manufacturer of the K2. LumiLEDs has no plans of introducing a star package. One of the major advantages of the K2 over the Luxeon I, III, or V is that it can be used in reflow soldering applications. This makes it much easier to mass-produce products with the K2.

The K2 Stars have the exact same footprint as a Luxeon I, III or V Star, and are electrically isolated. You can now easily attach multiple K2 stars to the same heat sink and not worry about using an electrically isolating compound.

The Low Current K2, LXK2-PW12, is designed to operate at 350-700mA, while the High Current K2, LXK2-PW14, is designed to operate at higher currents, 1-1.5A.

We do not have the full binning on our website as it confuses the majority of people. This information is available upon request. We currently are out of stock of the 05027-PW14, however we do have some 05027-PW12s in stock.

K2 Stars

As of right now some of the low current K2 Stars that we have are of unknown bin. However we have a good number of RXOKs that are available. Let us know if there are any further questions about the K2 Stars.

Last edited by a moderator: