Single cell throw champ

lightrod

Enlightened
Claim #1: the Peak Rainier (on a fresh RCR123) has the greatest throw of any single cell R/CR123 light available. :bow:

EDIT 6/28: claim is clearly dispelled below - thanks! But I realize how important size is to me as I look at alternatives. So I will change this claim to another: the FF3 has the greatest output per cubic inch of light volume for any single 123 cell light available. At 71 lumens total output (Peter's recent measurement thread) and 1.31 cubic inches (pocket body) that's 54 lumens per cubic inch.

Claim #2: the (current) Raw Ns has the greatest throw, AND the greatest total output per cubic inch of the light's volume for any LED light. :bow: :bow:

EDIT 6/28: guesstimate is 45 lumens output (no actual measurements available) with 0.68 cubic inches, giving 66 lumens per cubic inch.

I can't prove either claim is true, and it only takes one (verifiable) exception to disprove either! Anyone? How do you know? (I think I want one if it exists!)

Last edited:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first claim is clearly incorrect since Mr. Bulk is a wacko single cell throw freak who loves to make rediculously sized flectors for his single cell lights.

I'd also wager there are McGizmo light (single cell configurations) that will spank the peak into next week. Don't quote me on that though (and I mean, it, ehhh, don't touch that quote button....I know you're thinking about it....)

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi is right about Mr.Bulk lights.
Have a look at a Lioncub or Chammie with the big heads or a McGizmo Aleph 1 or 3 head on the Aleph bodies or any Surefire E series tubes.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
what about the Fenix P1 on a protected RCR ?:sold:

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Indeed, MrBulk lights with the Bulkheads are insane throwers. Even the regular Chameleon form is great for throw. Here is the Chameleon with Chamele(Bulk)head in its 1xRCR123 and 1x18650 forms, and also its standard and slim forms. The only light I have that outthrows the Chamelehead when it's on CT5/Lvl5 is my miniHID.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
An Aleph 1 on a 1-cell E-series tube provides huge throw
(much more than the Rainier, I should know as I have both)

Furthermore, it is still easily pocketable.

An Aleph 3 on a 1-cell body would provide even more throw but
like the afore-mentioned MR. Bulk throwers, it wouldn't fit in
a pocket well.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
easilyled said:
An Aleph 3 on a 1-cell body would provide even more throw but
like the afore-mentioned MR. Bulk throwers, it wouldn't fit in
a pocket well.
Yeah, but it looks pretty cool. I remember someone posting a pic of a A3 head on a 1xCR2 body. That was cute.

I don't use the light like this, much. The 1 cell body is normally on a A2 head, while the A3 gets a 2x123 body.