Avago (formerly HP/Agilent) of LumiLEDs fame

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a big surprise, since Agilent and Lumileds are on the same campus and next door to each other (part of the HP heritage I guess.) They're just up the road from here.

metalhed

Enlightened
Nice to see some competition, however friendly it might be. There are definitely more choices out there for flashlight designers than just the Luxeons, when it comes to LED technology.

It should also help push per unit pricing down on the most current production technologies; that's almost as important to light designers as the technology itself.

:awman:

BTW, NewBie, I published the press release on my site when it came out last week...you can read it here: Avago Technologies Enters High-Power LED Market.

I'm trying...:laughing: I guess if the news about the Avago LEDs got your interest, I am doing a little better at editing the thing.

Last edited:

*Retired*
metalhed said:
Nice to see some competition, however friendly it might be. There are definitely more choices out there for flashlight designers than just the Luxeons, when it comes to LED technology.

It should also help push per unit pricing down on the most current production technologies; that's almost as important to light designers as the technology itself.

:awman:

BTW, NewBie, I published the press release on my site when it came out last week...you can read it here: Avago Technologies Enters High-Power LED Market.

I'm trying...:laughing: I guess if the news about the Avago LEDs got your interest, I am doing a little better at editing the thing.

I think I learned of the effort right around the time the K2 was announced (under the name Agilent) back in February 2005. Hadn't heard much at all since, besides what I heard when Philips exercised the option to buy the other half of LumiLEDs.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Wow, 95 lm at 350 mA. Pretty awesome, double the efficiency of Lux I's, kinda like the Cree XRE's.. I wouldn't mind having a flashlight with THOSE emitters.

DM51

Flashaholic
st4r_314, you have bumped (resurrected) a very old thread.

In future, please look at the previous posting date before bringing up old threads like this.

Closed.

Edit: I think I was wrong to close this thread, as chimo has now pointed out to me. It is an old thread, but the press release is actually a recent one, and may be of interest.

Apologies to all, especially to st4r_314, and re-opening the thread...

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
I'm giving this thread a bump, as it was pretty much my fault it disappeared off the radar...