Anyone get a Kroma yet?

tristis

Newly Enlightened
Just rolled in from a 2+ week camping trip. My son and I spent a week camping down the Appalachains and then swung over to do some fishing in SC and the Outer Banks. In between we stopped off in Atlanta for the Blade show and the guys at the Surefire booth all told me that the Kroma's had already started shipping. I must have asked 8 different people at the booth and they all said the same thing. That was on 6/16 so if they were right someone should have gotten one in by now to review.

Personally, I was unimpressed because the head/bezel is so big and clumsy it looks like it will be a pain to carry. Also, the booth guys wouldn't even comment on its ability to use a rechargable and I wasn't allowed to open one up to check the body cavity size. Using a rechargable is key for me so I don't want to buy until I know I can use it like my U2. I love the red LED function combined with a powerful white throw but lately I have been using a rubber band to secure a piece of red cellophane over my U2 and it does the job and doesn't add more bulk to an already cumbersome light. We did some night hikes at Elkmont in the Smokys to watch the synchronous fireflies and it worked great. I would still love a single solution light but I am waiting for one of my many CPF peers to give me some guidence. So who's got one?