bike light for 8 year old?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
My 8 year old needs a LED headlight for his bike. I have looked at the ones on Ebay (800 + :ohgeez: of them) and know I can get one pretty cheap. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of the cheap ones on Ebay and how well they work.
Or do you know of another cheap bike light other than the ones on Ebay that might work.
The light needs to be pretty cheap in cost but at the same time I do not want to have to replace it the first time it hits the ground. Waterproofing is important also as well as run-time.
Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
A friend of mine has this one; small and decently bright to be noticed (blinking mode!). There are similar models that may be cheaper - haven't checked eBay. May I suggest you get a couple of LED flashers (blinking LED lights) as well (one for front, one back)?

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jeff. A basic el chepo, 2 cell, bike light with a PR based SMJLED should do well. If you have the skill and tools, maybe you can install a 5 or 8 LED module from one of those 1AA lights in the flashlight instead.

What if you just tape one of your existing flashlights to the handlebar? How cheap are the ones from ebay shipping included?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Thanks guys for the ideas.

The ones from Ebay are as cheap as $10 delivered. I will figure out something that will work.

All good responses, thanks! :goodjob: