...Bad Day...

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Just need to vent...

Had a really crap day... Can't find my Emerson mini CQC-7B (my EDC pocketknife) anywhere, so I've probably lost it :( and then my PDA crashed on me too. Good bye data... Now the most crappy thing is that I've got a pretty bad case of ADD, and my PDA holds all important stuff that I really need to remember...
Sure I have a backup, but it's about 5 days old (as I tend to forget to sync my pda)

I feel like complete poop right now... I wish I could just go :poof: but as thats not likely to happen, I think I'll just buy a new light to ease the pain a bit...

...By the way, any recommendations for a new pocketknife? quality more important than looks, needs to be strong but small (same size as the mini cqc-7 or smaller).

richpalm

Banned
:awman: ... I sympathize! I'm ADD coupled with depression so I know where you're coming from, plus I'm into Palms so I know what a PIA it is when they crash.

Go ahead... make your day... get a new light! :D

Rich

NAW

Enlightened
Every once in a while we ALL get bad days. Its just a matter of time until some real BS brings you down. Sorry to hear about that.

savumaki

Enlightened
:awman: my Falkniven U2 went MIA the other day and I could feel a bad one coming on; I grunted and moped until inspiration hit; look in the recliner chair,:whistle: I feel so much better; no need to shop for another knife.

Karl

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
It really stinks to lose something. Sorry about your day, maybe you will have a very good day in the near future to make up for it.

My Dad lost a machete right before he died. He looked everywhere for it without any luck. One of the last things he ever said to me was "I wish I could find that machete". After he died I was in my Mom's basement going through some of his things and there was that machete. It was laying across the handlebars of his dirt bike . The motorcycle was torn up and had not been rode in years so he must have just laid it across the handlebars to keep it out of the way . Why none of us ever noticed it before is beyond me. I always felt bad that he never did find it and it bothered him so much.

So stand back and take a wide angle view of your surroundings because it may be right in front of you.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
My small carry folder is the Spyderco Cricket, it is a very hand small knife that really works. It is the only liner lock, without a LAWKS or similar liner lock lock,I will carry as I use it mostly in my right hand and it is not my primary EDC folder, but an offhand backup. You might give one a look, handy little knife.

The reason I gave all the trivial background is, I MIGHT, read that MIGHT, still have an old, hardly used, Benchmade CQC copy, that if I find you can have. I might have given it away already, so I am not sure. I bought it and it and an Benchmade AFCK the same day (8 or so years ago?) and found out from them I really distrust linerlocks for my EDC as they fold on a left hander fairly easily. That and the fact hat I found I am not a fan of americanized tanto point styles for using knives. They are great for slashing though.

I will look and see if I can find it if you are interested.

Added: I looked all over and cannot find either Benchmade, I can only guess that I gave them both away sometime, I do remember the one but not the other.

Last edited: