Firefox images won't load

Marlite

Enlightened
Hi Folks

Been trying to find why I can't see some images others can see on CPF. My computer took a deep six due to a trojan/virus and had to be reloaded completely. I had the latest Firefox version in use for a year before the reload and I downloaded the latest supposedly improved version 1.0.5. 4. I tried to reload all the right extensions and have installed, e Web Color and Graphics (for Hotmail), Update Notifier, Answers 1.24, and Image Zoom and Google Toolbar for Firefox 2.0 200660606W all updated today.

Every extension has been installed and reinstalled with no change. An example of graphics I can't see is cut and pasted below. Yet some images like Craig's Avatar do load! I don't want to use IE 6 due to spyware proliferation but lets me view everything!
When cut and pasted Craig's Avatar departed??

I just installed Adblock Plus 0.7.0.2, Adblock filterset G updater 0.3.0.4, Flashblock which worked great previously.

Any help gratefully received, I find that the exceptions to No Script and Flash and Adblock totally contradictory at Foxfire to me.

Thanks for you help, computer forums are too combative for me, and CPF'rs are smarter. Cheers, Marlite

post_old.gif
02-23-2004, 03:37 PM
The_LED_Museum
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_485369", true);
Super Duper Moderator :)
Silver1.gif
shoe.gif

icon1.gif
Re: Extra Shot Show Shirts
I got my CPF hat today, thank you!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: Foxfire images won't load

I see all the codes you have are missing the first part of the url ([url]http://..../[/url] etc.)

That might be part of the problem. I'd try that first.

Have you tried uninstalling all of your extensions?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know if this is it but there is a mouse/trackball mistake I make once in a while that may prevent the display of some images. I still don't know how I do it but a couple times a year I inadvertantly block images from a server while using Mozilla. If Foxfire has this option also you might check PREFS > Privacy & Security > Images > Manage Image Permissions, and restore images from any server that has been blocked because of a 'drag & drop' error.

Just another thing to check.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened

First its Firefox not Foxfire...

Besides Adblock blocking possibly images

In Firefox 1.5.0.4 go to Tools->Options->Content->Load Images-> make sure "for the originating web site only" is unchecked (unchecked by default). Also check the Load Images [Exceptions] button to see if any images are being blocked.

For Firefox 2.0 (due in August/September about) the "for the originating web site only" is omitted in Options/Preferences due to many people checking it and then wondering why images are missing.

Marlite

Enlightened
greenLED said:
I see all the codes you have are missing the first part of the url ([url="http://..../"]http://..../[/url] etc.)

That might be part of the problem. I'd try that first.

Have you tried uninstalling all of your extensions?[/QUOTE]

Hi greenLED
How do I enable url ([url="http://..../"]http://..../[/url] etc.) so I can try this? I have installed and reinstalled all extension to no avail. I had no image problems before I installed the latest version as recommended by Foxfire.

Sub Umbra
[clipped]
"If Firefox has this option also you might check PREFS > Privacy & Security > Images > Manage Image Permissions, and restore images from any server that has been blocked because of a 'drag & drop' error."

I checked options and no comparable permissions as you noted, but I have" load images, checked" and [i]have checked and unchecked the box for the originating web site only. [/i]This last italicized checking and unchecking the box changed nothing. Must be lacking an extension? I now have to go to IE 6 :thumbsdowto see all the great pics on CPF.
Thanks, greenLED and Sub Umbra for trying to help it is truly appreciated.

Regards, Marlite

Last edited:

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Odd. I have Firefox also and I can't see any of the pictures that Marlite posted. Craigs [ing] line shows as a link but the rest do not. I did the <tools> check any everything was as posted. I have ver 1.0.5.4 and I never mess with extentions as I don't have a clue what they are. :rant:

Last edited:

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry about the images in Marlite's post... The image links are not any good. All you will see are the incomplete links (don't point to any valid host).

All I see is one smiley face that has this link:

httpn://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

-Bill

Marlite

Enlightened

Flashfirstask?later said:
First its Firefox not Foxfire...

Besides Adblock blocking possibly images

In Firefox 1.5.0.4 go to Tools->Options->Content->Load Images-> make sure "for the originating web site only" is unchecked (unchecked by default). Also check the Load Images [Exceptions] button to see if any images are being blocked.

For Firefox 2.0 (due in August/September about) the "for the originating web site only" is omitted in Options/Preferences due to many people checking it and then wondering why images are missing.

Of course it's Firefox. I have been saying I got Foxed and it just ran away on me. I tried doing what you suggested : Tools->Options->Content->Load Images-> make sure "for the originating web site only" is unchecked (unchecked by default). Also check the Load Images [Exceptions] button to see if any images are being blocked.

Following your procedure seems to fix the problem. It's odd they would choose this terminology as we gravitate to a Browser which helps protect our systems and we would want to block third party interference and only allow who we log on to.

Flashfirstask?later, thank you for your swift solution it seems to have cured the situation, I should know for sure in a couple of hours. I am very pleased. Kudos to you. CPF has the smartest and most helpful membership on the net!
Thanks again, Marlite.