• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: *SOLD* 450 lumen SL-20X 1160 mod (SL60) w/dimmer cap

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
***SOLD***

I have a like-new condition SL-20X 1160 mod for sale. Phaserburn and I refer to this mod as an SL60. Click the link for details. Basically, it is the equivalent of an MC-1160, but in an SL-20X host. The mod is a drop-in, just like the MC60. The package comes with the SL-20X with AC charger, stock battery stick, box and all papers, an extra switch-core (which is the most likely component to fail with use), the flasher/dimmer cap, UCL, and the modded Carley RF1940 orange peel reflector with ring-potted 1160 lamp installed, and a spare WA1160 lamp, as well as allen wrench for installing and removing lamps, and instructions for use of this mod setup. Oh, and the stock SL-20X LA is also included, although I don't know why anyone would want it. :devil:

If you don't know about the flasher/dimmer cap, or about the WA1160, do check out the link above (or in my sig-line). This light is between an M6 HOLA and LOLA in terms of total output, with a SureFire-like smooth beam with both throw and spill.

It is in like-new condition, without a scratch on it. The light was $105, the dimmer cap $25, the modded reflector is $15, and each lamp (2 of them) is $9, plus the cost of the UCL ($10 or so), is $173.

But I will sell this package for [edit]$150[/edit] including priority mail shipping and insurance. Shipping for international buyers will be extra--just whatever the cost of shipping will be less $10 (ie. I will pick up $10 of the shipping costs, rest is responsibility of international buyer.)

I will accept PayPal of any kind, or money orders.

Thanks for looking.

***SOLD***

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 450 lumen SL-20X 1160 mod (SL60) w/dimmer cap - $150

BTT,

One and only price drop of [edit]$25.[/edit] If no one wants this for $150, I will give it to my Dad for his birthday, which is coming up soon.

So if anyone wants this light, don't wait. Or if no one wants it, no problem. It will be perfect for my Dad, I think.

If you are wondering why anyone would want the SL20X over the MC, please check out the relevant posts in the "SL60" thread link above. There are really good reasons why you would prefer (and why I prefer) the SL60 to the MC60. Basically they boil down to the following:

1. No heat issues. Run the SL60 for hours on end and nothing will melt.
2. Beam stays centered and perfect no matter how you bump the head (unless you break the filament of course. LOL!)
3. Much nicer beam due to the OP 1940 reflector. SureFire quality almost.
4. The switch can be easily activated with gloves on.

and 5, which is the BIG ONE:

5. The flasher/dimmer cap is really something. It is way cool to be able to dim down the light to a dull orange glow, or back up to a full bright whiteness, continuously, without dropping any heat in the tail cap (it is PWM). Plus you can chose to START at the dimmest setting, OR at the brightest one. It's a really well done piece of electronics, and is why I got this setup.

OK. Thanks for looking everyone.

Last edited:

Free

Enlightened

OK, I will take it. PM'ng you now for payment details.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jim,
Am I reading this correctly? Did you just drop the price to $115? ($150-$35).
PM me if the transaction with FREE doesn't materialize.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

NotRegulated. Oh, no, sorry for the confusion. I dropped the price TO $150, FROM $175.

Hmm. Dang. And I said it was a $35 price drop, when it is really a $25 drop.

OK. Well, in any case, I want $150 for it at the moment, and I will double check and make sure Free understands that.

Free

Enlightened

Yeah, I understand, although my hopes were raised for a brief moment. :D

I am still taking the light.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks for the clarification. While I was pondering your post Free beat me to the key board. The light package is a good deal.
Will you have any SL60 bulbs available in the near future?

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK. Sold to Free for $150.

You won't be disappointed, Free. It's a nice light. I'll mark this as SOLD.

Free

Enlightened

NotRegulated said:
thanks for the clarification. While I was pondering your post Free beat me to the key board. The light package is a good deal.

I am usually the one who is too slow, so for once I win. :)

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
:awman:
Free,
You are going to LOVE that setup. I have an old SL-20 (pre SL-20x --same battery and bulb...different switch) that I want to use JS's bulb in. The SL series are great lights. Mine is 25 yrs old. Used nightly for 20 years.
It's beat up but works great.

Free

Enlightened
I just bought an SL-20X LED for someone, and was reluctant to give it away. It was a nice combo light, but since I have so many LED lights, I really don't need the LED's, plus the dimming tailcap should make up for that as well. Plus it will be at least twice as bright. :)

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

NotRegulated said:

Actually, yes, I will. I have a bunch of OP and smooth 1940's and WA1111 and 1274 and 1185 and 1160's all just sitting around doing no one any good. They are begging to be put into use.

I am just about dug out from underneath the last of the non-canceled M6-R orders, and when I have finished those and a couple regulated TigerLight mods, I will get busy on the lathe and mod some 1940's, and pot up a bunch of WA lamps (including 1160's) and sell some TL and SL upgrade kits on B/S/T. There will also be some Tiger85 kits, with the 9 cell packs and modded charging cradles with higher powered wallwarts.

My time estimates are almost always lamentably, pathetically, and pathologically optimistic, but I *think* I am safe in saying that these will start to show up on B/S/T before the end of July. It all depends on how much TL consulting work I have to do, though.

Thanks for the responses everyone!