• Mode 4

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Mode 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which modes are people finding the most useful? Anr why?

Which mode requires the least number of clicks to go low ,high, max.

I have read the flupic chart,but how do you get into the progamming menu?

What light are you using with flupic?

BTW,I havent got it yet ,but its in the mail,on its way.:popcorn:

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mode 4 because it can give you an adjustable low-med-max with the first 3 clicks.
From mode 1 (the default mode) click 5 times to get to the Set Mode level and turn the flashlight off after the led flashes 2, 3, or 4 times. User brightness levels can only be adjusted in modes 2, 3, or 4.

It might seem a bit complicated when looking at the User Guide flowcharts but in practice it's very straight forward. After 2 minutes you'll be thinking it's a piece of cake.

Walt175

Enlightened
I prefer mode 4 because of the 3 light levels, and they are in my preferred order! No need to start at a level that destroys your night vision.

Cabo

Banned
I use mode 4 in both my FFIII and modified QIII. Some complain about the .8 second delay when changing levels but I find it just right. The strobe function is very useful for getting peoples attention...like waitresses at bars. Only twice have I been asked to leave for excessive strobing.

JimmyB

Enlightened
Yep--#4 for me too (on FFlll). It seems the most useful and intuitive. I have mine set to come on med bright first, and then very low, followed by burst. After that I get strobe, set to very low intervals. My girlfriend would kill me if I ever used the strobe to signal her but that's the plan. She'll probably turn and run the other way.

JimmyB

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using mode 2 (I think) in my Jil DD Intelli, which is an adjustable low, high, then strobe. The low is good for almost everything, and the high is quickly accessible. The strobe is very good at default setting.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mode 4...... is my preference and the way the light is set when you receive it.

Low..High..Burst 1.2a..Strobe..SOS

Mac

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks cmacclel you guessed my question!:) It does seem to be the favorite!

Thanks again,

I cant wait ,if you couldnt already guess that!

Wong

Newly Enlightened
I have 3 flupic and all set to mode 4 but deference brightness and strobe speed :)

Cheers
Wong

lightrod

Enlightened
That mode 4 is so overwhelmingly the favorite after 19 votes is pretty incredible. My favorite too - I just assumed the various modes were due to a variety of desires/needs. Makes you wonder why 5 modes are available....

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my Intelli and Fire~Fly III I had it on Mode 4. I've upgraded my Jil with a UWOJ, and since I had the opportunity, I had a custom interface programmed in, which is basically Mode 4 without SOS.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW , I am surprised that almost everyonr agrees on level 4 being the most popular.
What levels are you using for LOW:
HIGH:

Walt175

Enlightened
I have mine set to a low-med-high.

Level 1 is set very low. Good for night treks around the house.
Level 2 is set a little above the half-way point.
Burst is the high setting.

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
I have low set to level 1. I use this level when I don't want to disturb anyone. It is good while riding in a car at night or in a restaurant.

High is set to level 4. To my eye this looks halfway in between level 1 and burst.

lightrod

Enlightened
High is 15. Low I set at 1 or 3 a lot depending on the need - 1 for 'low disturbance", 3 for general purpose. And if I get tired of changing I just set to 2 to split the difference. I wish there were one more level (e.g. min=1, max=20, then two selectable levels).