E2e - "classic" 2 cell bezel and LA adapter

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The current thread on the E2E with HOLA prompted me to get around to making an adapter that I had on my never ending projects to do list:

E2E-C2-HOLA.jpg

MORE INFO

Of course, having a spare C2 bezel that had been replaced by a Turbo head made the timing right.

The E2E with C2 Bezel weighs 8 grams more than the G2Z but when I consider that I have a "clickie" on the E2E (Kroll inside), the 8 grams are no big deal. I be stuck on Clickie.

I strongly suspect that others have made this adapter but I haven't seen it. Needless to say, with the adapter, a whole new world of options and combinations are possible. An E2 can host 6P, G2, M2, KL3 and KT1 bezels.

Even my 5W Cyans in M2 and KT1 turbo head will fit on an E2E body now. Now if PK will come out with an E3E........................

- Don

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
What? No instant anodize? heh heh

Nice piece, also actually enjoy the contrasting color.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Charlie,

I came real close. :)

But I bead blasted the pocket clip and with the blasted mini-clip, the silvers all accent the multi hues of the HA. .....He He ....... Ha Ha

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks Al.

YC,
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Al, Does PK have some of these adapters in his bag of tricks?

- Don

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, that is brilliant (in every way
wink.gif
)

The answer to those asking about a turbo head for the E2e..

I reckon those things would sell pretty well if they were available.

If you have a turbo head, could you post a photo of the E2e/turbo head combo? I'm interested in how it looks..

Graham

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks Graham.

I have already had a few requests for the adapter off forum. I want some more myself but I don't want to make them myself :) It takes too much time! I am going to render some drawings on these and see about getting a small run done by a job shop some where. I would like to suggest it to CNC Dan but I believe he stated a 1" capacity. These need to be turned from 1 1/4" or 1 3/8" stock; depends on how big you want the fins or how deep you want the tether groove (YC :)).

I will post any luck on the parts here. Now I have to draw the damn thing.

- Don

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I hope you can find a way to produce some.

I'm sure you'd have no trouble finding homes for a small(?) run.. (I, um, probably wouldn't mind a couple of them either, but you probably guessed that..)

Graham

yclo

Flashaholic*
Originally posted by Graham:
...If you have a turbo head, could you post a photo of the E2e/turbo head combo? I'm interested in how it looks...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And while you're at it, do one with a turbo head and an E1e body.. I'd really be interested in how that one looks.

YC

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks all! I want some more of these adapters myself! :)

At Graham's request, pictured is the E2E with KT1 Turbo-head:

E2E-KT1.jpg

The only TurboHead I have right now is hosting the 5W cyan with a bunch of Arctic Silver grease so you see a blue example :) The light feels real good in the hand! In the case of 5W Luxeons, more mass and surface area may be needed but in general, I see no reason not to use the E2E to host all of the 2 cell bezels and LA's. Of course I don't have giant hands nor I have a clue of the tactical ramifications. Incidentally, the M2 shock isolated bezel also mount nicely. ( PK, are you lurking, hint hint :) )

- Don

Darell

Flashaholic
shocked.gif
Sheesh! I asked Don to do this very thing, and he complained about getting grease all over the place. Graham chimes in and BAM, it gets done. Hmmm.

You'll have this exact capability (minus the adapter, of course) in short order. Crazy! The best part though? An E2 that doesn't fall over!

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Don complained to me about the grease too.. guess both of us asking did the job. I'd like to think it was a team effort, even if we didn't know at the time..
wink.gif

Graham

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Graham:
Doesn't Kyra have it? Or does she have her own?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh man... you know how to get on MY good side at least. OK, I've decided that you can be my friend.
smile.gif