What are your experiences with the Fenix L1T?

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a Dorcy CR123A 1 Watt for my EDC, but I am lusting after the two-stage Fenix L1T. What are your opinions as to output, reliability, usefulness, etc.?

Thanks.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the L1T and L2T,
I was a bit dissapointed when my L1T arrived, the tint was very Green
it was so green that I could not use it for the purpose I had bought it for,
so I returned it to the supplier and was sent another one, now I like this light
nice white tint about 10 hours runtime on the low setting still very bright.
It is now my EDC/ Worklight, I also like the fact that it can run from the easy to get AA Batteries along with rechargeable cells.The L2T is brighter than
the L1T but it is also larger. Overall a great little light

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I'm pretty happy with my L1T. It has replaced my E1L as my EDC light. The tint is good, and you can't beat the runtime in low with a NiMH cell. I rotate/recharge my cell every few days, so I don't have to worry about getting caught with a depleted cell.

The only thing I wish is that the low level were even lower. But that's a pretty minor gripe. Oh, and I wish it were a clicky, not a reverse clicky, but I know I'm not alone there....

onthebeam

Enlightened
bonvivantmike said:
The only thing I wish is that the low level were even lower. But that's a pretty minor gripe.

Ditto for me. But it's a very nice light, all in all. I'm happy with mine and hope to get it working with my Nekomane CR2 body. . .

Lumbee1

Newly Enlightened
I just got my L2T and I have been having a blast with it. I love the low setting and the high is awesome bright. I have already started building a bike mount for it. Should be done in a few days. I like the length, runtime, dual settings, AA batteries so much that I am considering purchasing another one. It is a little large as a EDC though.

chanamasala

Enlightened
I'm disappointed with the greenish tint of mine. I wouldn't have bought it had I known it would be that color. If you can get a white tint and use the CR123 tube and are a clicky lover, then it would be tops.

aceo07

Enlightened
Mine is GREEN too.. what the heck!? Did they just buy up all the cheap green tint bin luxeons and use them in most of the L1Ts or something!?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
First post. I Reg so I could ask a question but saw this and thought I could help some. Questions can wait. :laughing:

My brother has the Dorcy CR123A and I have an L1T. The Dorcy outperforms the L1T performance wise. Brighter, more throw and flood. The L1T's virtues are the common battery, two level output, and smaller size.
Reliability ? Too soon to tell.
Usefullness ! Oh yeah. Arn't they all. :huh:

Ummm, I wouldn't trade him. If that helps.

schofer

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased an L1T. Mine is also very green. I'm thinking of returning it (though I haven't checked the return policy of my online dealer, so I don't know if I can).

I like the formfactor and the runtime... but it just isn't as pleasing as the whiter lights that I own.

Evan

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is green too. It actually works really well out in the grass and outdoors where everything is green and brown. It looks gross inside though.

I think the problem is that they are using Lux III and underdriving them. The tints for Lux 3 are speced for 750mA. When you drive it at lower levels like the L1T it will shift towards green. They should have stuck with R bin Lux I's.

I have a RXOH in the Dorcy and that looks real nice. I still grab the L1T though. I actually really like the lower level. I considier it primary and use it 90% of the time, and just use high occasionaly. See I think its a semantics problem. Instead of calling it low/high call it Primary/Max.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
schofer said:
I recently purchased an L1T. Mine is also very green.

Hmmmm... Several of you have stated that yours are green.... I don't think my L1T is all that green. It's not as green as my L2T is when they are both on low. When comparing my L1T to other lights, I have always felt it was kinda blue. Actually, purplish. Especially on high. It's my P1 that IS green. But it looks great when shining around outdoors. I like it!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
geet a L1P and do the "head mod" with a resistor You like.
Then You end up with a real 2-stage output EDC-light.
The difference between the 2 stages of the t-model is too small...

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L1P is very green as well. So much that I have ordered a new 1watt luxeon to replace it. My Civictor is a bit green but the P1 is a lottery winner, white and bright.

I'm guessing that Fenix order green tint Luxeons as they may be a bit cheaper.

What do you recon ??

ak645

Newly Enlightened
My L1t has a very white tint.In fact is the best of the four led lights I own.I finally won the lumi-lotto!The low level is good for me,I would not want it to be any dimmer.I like this light and it is my edc loaded with e2 lithium.

There's a ton of info in the review section.

Andy

clipse

Enlightened
I have both the L1T and the dorcy that your talking about. The L1T is smaller, lighter, has a better clickie (IMHO), and brighter. Add on the two-stage action and you have to comparison between the two. I'ld get the L1T. It is my EDC light.

clipse

Simple Man

Newly Enlightened
The L1T is the first real light I have EDC'd, if you don't include a Photon II. I an quite pleased with it, no blue or green ar far as I can tell.

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all of you for your responses. It sounds like if I get an L1T I need to make sure the seller has a good return/exchange policy. Any recommendations on the best place(s) to buy.

Latest posts