EDC with good flood?

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix L1P and a HDS 42 but would prefer to have a EDC with more of a flood beam. I know that I read in some threads that the firefly3 has a floody beam. What others are there with a floody beam that are no bigger than a HDS?

dta116

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire L4 has the same diameter lens as the HDS and about 1 1/2" longer, also about 100 lumens output "wall of light". I EDC mine daily......

big beam

Enlightened
I EDC an L4 but a nuwai 301-5 is almost as bright less than 1/2 the cost and just as floody.I own both.

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions,

To get the KL4 head and e1L body do I have to buy two flashlights and put them together, or are they sold together somewhere? Is it possible to make it a two stage flashlight? Can it tailstand? Whats the expected runtime on rcr123s?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FF3 and the HDS are about identical beam patterns. HDS makes two different diffuser lenses for their lights. I think the optical effciency on the HDS diffusers is still pretty high.

PJ

Enlightened
A Surefire F04 beam diffuser will fit on the HDS lights. I have one on a KL1 head and it gives a really nice flood. If you have the newer style clip or no clip it will fit and also functions as an anti-roll device.