Any New News On The Maglite Mini Mag LED 3 watts?

cslinger

Enlightened
I have to say I personally, am impressed with the full size Mag LED offerings. The are cheap enough to keep one in every room, reasonably tough good looking bodies, use cheap batteries and run for 30+ hours. They are more then bright enough for my needs and throw like mad. Other then the fact that they have no real cool appeal I think they finally make the Maglite offerings useful fine lights.

That being said I am anxious to pick up a few of the MiniMags as well.

I still love my "higher end" lights like my Surefires and HDS etc. but have found that I tend to prefer them in tiny one cell carry anywhere packages. For around the house lights I now have 3 2D Magleds and 2 3D Magleds that will be used for power outages etc. I am able to keep one in every room.

So any news on the little guys from MAG?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is all I know:

Here is the schedule we plan to use to deliver our Mag-LED lights: 2, 3 & 4 cell D Maglites in Black will be available in May or June LED upgrade kits for the D cells will be available in June or July. 2 and 3 cell AA Mag-LEDs will be available in July or August No upgrade kits will be produced for the AA and AAA lights. The new products will be found in most Hardware and discount stores.

I'm still wondering what, if any, solitaire based lights will be introduced.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I have not bought one but I am wanting to try the Mini AA and the 3 AA when they come out. I seem to think sometime in August is the "shooting for" date as to the release.
Topper :)