Sweat resistant wallet?

bexteck

Enlightened
I have been having a problem lately with my wallet absorbing sweat. For some reason, I sweat a lot, even when its not that hot out, and no I'm not overweight, under if anything. But my problem is that my run of the mill leather wallet absorbs sweat when it is in my back pocket, and transfers the moisture to the cash inside. Its getting annoying to open my wallet and discover that all the bills are moist. I have gotten some interesting comments from cashiers who I have paid with bills in this state.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a wallet that won't do this? My only requirement is that the wallet isn't so thick that it is uncomfortable to have in the back pocket when sitting down.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

-Blake

Regentag

Banned
Yikes. That is one overpriced sheet of Titanium. And I *am* a Ti freak!

Try one of these... The Jimi

It comes in plain black, and works great. Cheap.

Cheers,

bexteck

Enlightened
Ouch, $300+ is quite a bit for that little piece of Ti.

I don't want to be paying anywhere near that much. Maybe a third of that price?

I was hoping to stay a little more on the traditional side than the jimi wallet, plus I tend to carry quite a bit of stuff inside.

Regentag

Banned
Ok, ok. So I bought the Gary Scott Titanium wallet. (big surprise)

I won't say it's "worth it", but that is a very fuzzy issue.

Great workmanship and true "hand built" feel to it. Haven't loaded it up yet so can't tell you how well it functions.

Cool stuff to be sure. Thanks a lot nekomane - I needed this :)

tdurand

Enlightened
Regentag said:
Haven't loaded it up yet so can't tell you how well it functions.

Cool stuff to be sure. Thanks a lot nekomane - I needed this :)

You gotta any green left to load into it? I myself, no matter how strong Ti is, would worry about ***-bendage.

I must admit I purchased a Jimi from you posted link. EDCing it now. Pretty cool.
It's a great strategy for those looking for ways to save money. Only five cards and three bills will fit neatly folded. I guess they could be Benjamins. :sssh:

T

Regentag

Banned
Two week test report...

*** Bendage is not a factor. Have carried it in Right Rear as well as left-front without any problems. Capacity is limited, but that is a good thing - prevents you from carrying around 2" of useless paperwork in your wallet.

Very well made, and easy on the eyes. I doubt it will make it through the airport security machines (like my Ti money clip did, 'til it broke... but it was only $15). We'll have to see on that one, I usually get a thorough grilling at the TSA checkpoints anyway, so what's one more toy?

Cheers,