My Plans for an Inova T3 Mod....

dta116

Newly Enlightened
I have just destroyed a good T3 Led.....

I tried to freeze it too many times and peices of the regulator board kept coming out, but not the unit itself, until finally there wasn't much left so I drove a wooden dowel through it and, Wa Laa!!

Well needless to say, I need to start from scratch.

I think I will bore it for a 18650, it seems to have plently of room, though maybe not so much for heatsinking ????? Although I haven't found a good way to do this yet.

Then insert a new converter/regulator with maybe a Lux WWOJ 5W or so, (here I will need help as in sugggestions of what works well together and other things I have not thought of yet). *Edit...* I forgot, the board needs to be 18.3 mm (23/32").

Then maybe a dual stage clickie, (not sure what will fit). I actually like the original single stage the light came with but what the hey..Everyone need a dual stage for coolness.

I think at first I will stick with the supplied optics to see how it will look, these are throwers anyway, and with a better Lamp, who knows?

Any other thoughts? Can any one sugest how I can accomplish the tasks?

It really should be quite a project if I can figure out each step properly.

BTW, has anyone been successful in disasembling the tail cap switch?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My Plans for an Inova T3....

Will a Lux V fit in a Lux III optic? Don't the optics go over and surround the emitter? The Lux V is bigger because of the four dies, right?

Otherwise, this sounds like a SWEET Mod. I'd like to see the result. And perhaps copy it, but still use CR123's (3.0V RCR123's).

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

dta116 said:
Then insert a new converter/regulator with maybe a Lux WWOJ 5W or so

Good luck with that ;)

BTW I just freeze popped an X03 without any problems. Did your bezel start pushing out at all before the electronics broke?

dta116

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, The bezel came out first, then tried refreeze many times to try and break loose the board. Man, that thing was really in there.

I don't know about whether the Lux5 will fit or not, haven't had one apart, (I am not going to take apart my surefires). I also have no problem with using a Lux3, a Cree, or even a K2. Just whichever works out best.

The cr123's should work as well as RCRs' with the right electronics.

I really need some help on this guys! Keep the sugestions coming...
I really would like to here from the modders out there that have some ideas for the replacement boards.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

pilou

Enlightened
So your plan was first to tdestroy the T3 and then come up with a plan? :grin2:

dta116

Newly Enlightened
The original plan was to replace the Led....Now it is pretty much the whole mod thing.

I could sure use some advice here guys !!!!