Over or under...which are you?

AshA4

Banned
This is stupid but it bugs me enough to get some feedback or atleast vent.

Recently at work the "new employee" (boss's wife) changes the TP and puts it so it unrolls "under". This isn't right. Everyone knows TP unrolls "over" but time and time I sit down for my moment of peace and find myself correcting the TP issue. Mind you it's well within reach and cause no discomfort but when I'm in there TCB'ing I don't want to keep changing the TP to "OVER" !

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Definatley over. When its under, you have a greater chance of "Over-Rolling" the tissue. Now give me a courtesy flush, it stinks in here man. What did you eat? :hahaha: :toilet: :green:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whew, at least you were not asking top or bottom ;), lol.

Actually I have found it depends upon the location of the dispensor in relation to obstructing objects, some are easier to use one way or the other. All things being equal, under is the way my wife says is "correct" and good etiquette, which I suspect is simply the way she learned. However since life is easier if I just go along on issues I have no strong opinion on, and a wise man once said "pick your battles wisely".

So under!!!!

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
over! but i really hate it when ppl get the roll out and just stick it on top of the holder... i mean it takes what, all of 3 sec to put it on the roll!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh - I think someone needs more to think about. but, someone once said - if it is at the top and you have pets, they might unroll it completely. of course - that assumes your pet is toilet trained

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
While un-scientific...when it's under, an extra sheet is torn. So the over is the preffered way. (When I start counting beans, nothing is left out. :ohgeez: )

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Over. I read somewhere years ago that someone actually studied the issue, and determined that if the roll is put in "over", then the roll lasts longer. Something to do with the fact that users tend to rip off a longer sheet when installed in the "under" fashion. Probably funded by tax dollars.

Empath

Flashaholic
If you have a cat, under is better, regardless of personal preference.

Dawg

Enlightened
Empath said:
If you have a cat, under is better, regardless of personal preference.
Yep.........I have four cats and 2 bathrooms and a wife that is as dumb as a rock. She puts it over and I have happy well entertained cats.

flashlite

Enlightened
Over. That's the way hotels do it. Or maybe that's just because toilegami would be too difficult if it was under.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also depends on the type of roll-holder. I have a plastic one in which the roll is enclosed inside & it only works if the paper comes out from 'under'.

Norm

Retired Administrator
This thread requires a poll.
Nobody in there right mind would put the paper under.
P.S I have never been on a forum where this question did't come up.

nethiker

Enlightened
It never made much difference to me, it went on which ever way it came out of the package...until I got married.

:rant:

:whoopin:

:tsk:

:bow:

:):)

Now it goes over the top. It's important to choose your battles.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm an over person but the bathroom the cat likes to visit is an under.

If you have toddlers under is usually better too. With over they do this downward swatting motion and enjoy the roll unspooling onto the floor.

Greg

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upstairs bathroom: under
Downstairs bathroom: over
Don't ask.

Did you know a Chocolate Lab can unravel a whole roll of TP and wrap herself up like a mummy in about 30 seconds? Just FYI :lolsign:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Always "over" in the house—

Then there's that "sideways" toilet paper dispenser. . .

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over as well here. I first thought from the title of this thread that it would be about budgets, I guess I would be over on that one too. :)

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over The Top, Boys! Nobody lives forver!
That way you can rip squares off quickly and cleanly.

Also, is anyone else hooked on Freshmates/other kinds of "cleansing cloths"? I don't know how I've lived my life so long without them...

Latest posts