New Inova XO updated @FR - As good as it gets!!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wish they stuck with the optics... because then they would have nice throw and rediculous runtime.

-David

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the old X0 with the slimline design and the Tiros, it was to me perfect as it was, it was one of my 2 or 3 top favorite lights. I won't be picking up the new one. Maybe I will grab another old style or two .

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lee1959 said:
I liked the old X0 with the slimline design and the Tiros, it was to me perfect as it was, it was one of my 2 or 3 top favorite lights. I won't be picking up the new one. Maybe I will grab another old style or two .

The "old" style is now called XO2. And claimed to be a 2w. It is my favorite too.

steve_vance

Enlightened
Outdoors Fanatic said:
Check it out folks! www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_xo-r.htm

This is fanstastic!

Great job Inova:goodjob:

Hate to say I told ya so :lolsign: , but this is a happy ending to what could have been a sad story. All of us LED freaks look to manufacturers like Inova to "do the right thing" in the design and production of their lights. I'm glad this turned out well.

dmz

Enlightened
To me the new Inova XO is better than the original since it now has useable spill.

Will a T3 clickie tailcap fit on it? A clickie is all that is missing from the light.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
dmz said:
To me the new Inova XO is better than the original since it now has useable spill.

Will a T3 clickie tailcap fit on it? A clickie is all that is missing from the light.
It fits perfectly. Although I prefer the reliability of the twistie system.

dmz

Enlightened
The new XO looks fantastic. Very few places seem to be carrying it aside from brightguy.com. When did it come out?

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad this worked out well. It did seem illogical that Inova would have changed their regulation scheme. Why do it if you have had excellent success with the system already in use.
I'm also pleased that Inova is offering lights with refectors in addition to their TIROS line. This way Inova can keep their excellent TIROS system for their customers who swear by it and offer a reflector version for those who do not. We get the best of both worlds with super quality for each. It just means more available lights for us to choose from :grin2: That's a good thing :naughty:

Also hats off to Steve_Vance who called the component curve in the original thread and to Doug who is always there to test the products for us!

Thank you. :bow:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!...that's amazing regulation! I might pick one up just for the regulation. I wish they made something in their T-series, esp. the T1 or T2, with a reflector, but I contacted Inova and they said they aren't going to do that. I like the textured bodies and HA3 on the T-series, but want the reflector. Hmm...

steve_vance

Enlightened
fieldops said:
I'm glad this worked out well. It did seem illogical that Inova would have changed their regulation scheme. Why do it if you have had excellent success with the system already in use.
I'm also pleased that Inova is offering lights with refectors in addition to their TIROS line. This way Inova can keep their excellent TIROS system for their customers who swear by it and offer a reflector version for those who do not. We get the best of both worlds with super quality for each. It just means more available lights for us to choose from :grin2: That's a good thing :naughty:

Also hats off to Steve_Vance who called the component curve in the original thread and to Doug who is always there to test the products for us!

Thank you. :bow:

Thanks Fieldops, but it's not cuz I'm so smart....I got a couple of the new XOs pre-release. Might as well let the cat out of the bag :) one of my best friends is the government products director of Inova (his Mom also founded the company) and I get the opportunity to try out every new Inova, generally before they are for sale. I did my own field tests well before the light was out; when I saw the review I knew something was wrong and figured it out from there (I have a background in integrated circuit design and prototyping).
I'm just glad it worked out well, I know that Inova places a HUGE value on customer satisfaction.

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
steve_vance said:
one of my best friends is the government products director of Inova (his Mom also founded the company) and I get the opportunity to try out every new Inova, generally before they are for sale.

. . . Hmm.... do you guys want a new best friend? lemme know if the position becomes available. . .:laughing:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
steve_vance said:
one of my best friends is the government products director of Inova (his Mom also founded the company) and I get the opportunity to try out every new Inova, generally before they are for sale. I did my own field tests well before the light was out; when I saw the review I knew something was wrong and figured it out from there (I have a background in integrated circuit design and prototyping).

Thanks Steve, and for your help with tracking the new Magleds.

Happy 4th

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, first the X1 and now the XO! As some others have mentioned, I won't be buying the new models. I'm not sure it will be a sound move on INOVA's part to go so mainstream on these lights. They're jumping into a huge pool of lights by many other manufacturers that all do essentially the same thing in the same way.

I'm not saying that it's not a good business decision -- they've got a big enough business to jump any way they want...but many of the people who sought out their old lights as solutions to their real world problems will regard their newer, mass appeal lights as just more noise that they'll have to deal with in their search for lights that are capable of doing what they require.

Which TIROS model will fall next? I have a feeling I'm going to end up with quite a few more of the old INOVA lights in the next year or so. :D