What rechargeable CR123 batteries will work in the new Inova XO?

dmz

Enlightened
What rechargeable CR123 batteries will work in the new Inova XO? Does the seller AW have a rechargeable solution?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
If the XO has a buck/boost circuit, and I don't know if it does, two RCR123's would work. If they did, best runtime would be with unprotected RCR123's. To test, at risk of frying driving board or led, measure current at tailcap, if possible. If current is lower than running two CR123's, then it at least has a good buck circuit.

Bill

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bullzeyebill said:
If the XO has a buck/boost circuit, and I don't know if it does, two RCR123's would work. If they did, best runtime would be with unprotected RCR123's. To test, at risk of frying driving board or led, measure current at tailcap, if possible. If current is lower than running two CR123's, then it at least has a good buck circuit.

Bill

Being a buck circuit doesn't mean it can automatically handle that much voltage. Several people fried older Inovas because they fed them too much voltage.

I think some of the regulated RCR123's that AW sells will fit if you remove the label.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
chevrofreak said:
Being a buck circuit doesn't mean it can automatically handle that much voltage. Several people fried older Inovas because they fed them too much voltage.

I think some of the regulated RCR123's that AW sells will fit if you remove the label.
The LiIon *3.0V* 123's that are sold as 'direct replacements' work fine - just a little fiddly with the on/off (i.e. has to be carefully adjusted to 'just nearly on' for the button to work.)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one works pretty well with LED lights, just don't try to use them with incandescents (the bulbs draw too much current.) I currenly use these with a Q-3, Dorcy 1W, and a Peli 2370 and it works well with all of them. Run time is about 1/2 of what the primary cell would be. The Tenergy cells tend to be around 750mAh capacity (which translates to 900 mAh in Chinese. :D )

dmz said:
What rechargeable CR123 batteries will work in the new Inova XO? Does the seller AW have a rechargeable solution?

aceo07

Enlightened
I tried RCR123s before in the old XO and it was be fine for about 10 seconds.. This was with your normal RCR123 batteries, not sure what the new ones will do..

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is a "normal RCR123" battery?
If you use 2 3.7V batteries in it, the circuit may not be able to support that level of voltage for a sustained period and thus your "10 seconds"

aceo07 said:
I tried RCR123s before in the old XO and it was be fine for about 10 seconds.. This was with your normal RCR123 batteries, not sure what the new ones will do..

aceo07

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
What is a "normal RCR123" battery?
If you use 2 3.7V batteries in it, the circuit may not be able to support that level of voltage for a sustained period and thus your "10 seconds"

Yup, those.