Aloha - We will fly to Hawaii

kiely23+

Enlightened
Hi aloha folks,
smile.gif

For our summer holiday (Aug. 15th. - Aug. 23th.) we need some information about the "must seeing places" and the "top secret relaxing places" on the Hawaii-Islandes!
wink.gif

We will visit follows islandes:
Ohau (for 2 days), Kauai (for 2 days), Big Island (for 2 days) and Maui (for 3 days).
We will have a car. We have only book the flys!
For information we are very thanksful...
Greetings from Germany!

Taylorf

Enlightened
One thing I did while in Maui was go on a helicopter ride over the mountains. It was beautiful and was very fun.
I can't remember the company name we used but they were very friendly and took us right up against a huge waterfall.

CLHC

Flashaholic
When you're on Oahu (I was born there) check out Hanauma Bay and take a drive to the North Shore. The Pali Lookout is another interesting place to view the island from atop the mountain.

You may wish to PM diddy808 since I believe both he and his wife own a travel agency there in Hawaii.

Enjoy!

kiely23+

Enlightened
Taylorf and CHC,

Thanks for your informations:grin2:
I can hardly except to be there....
Marco

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Kiely23+,

On Maui, popular activities for visitors often include catching a sunrise from atop Haleakala crater, a road trip to Hana and a visit to Front Street in Lahaina. If you like the water and snorkeling, I would recommend considering a snorkel/ sail on the Kapalua Kai which leaves from Kaanapali Beach. If you visit the windward side (near the airport) you can catch some of the worlds finest windsurfing and kite boarding.

I think I will probably be in Berkeley during your visit trying to get the rest of my shop packed up and in a container or I would offer to host a flashaholic get together.

I hope you have a great time and gain some fond memories!!

kiely23+

Enlightened
Thanks McGizmo,

If you be on Maui during my visit, let me know that!

McGizmo said:
Kiely23+,

On Maui, popular activities for visitors often include catching a sunrise from atop Haleakala crater, a road trip to Hana and a visit to Front Street in Lahaina. If you like the water and snorkeling, I would recommend considering a snorkel/ sail on the Kapalua Kai which leaves from Kaanapali Beach. If you visit the windward side (near the airport) you can catch some of the worlds finest windsurfing and kite boarding.

I think I will probably be in Berkeley during your visit trying to get the rest of my shop packed up and in a container or I would offer to host a flashaholic get together.

I hope you have a great time and gain some fond memories!!

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to Maui in May.

Haleakala Crater

dsc02279small1qp.jpg

dsc02286small9ko.jpg

One of the many waterfalls on the way to Hana, Hana Road.

dsc02246small7ig.jpg

dsc02252small2ws.jpg

Kihei Canoe Club

dsc02224small4sf.jpg

Laihaina

dsc02297small5yt.jpg

Shave Ice, Passion Friut and Guava with Vanilla Ice Cream on the Bottom

dsc02266small8bl.jpg

Many Beaches in Maui

dsc02259small0mz.jpg

dsc02207small3km.jpg

Sunset at Kihei

dsc02233small4xv.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Money goes really fast when you visit the islands, because things aren't that [in]expensive. But Enjoy your vacation when you're there! Maybe you can rent a Ferrari or a Lambo since that's available too! :huh:

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Hey Kiely, for your short 2 day stay on Oahu, here are some things you can do in no particular order... Btw, gas prices are around $3.27-3.30/gallon for regular grade. It's higher on the other islands.

* Hike up to the top of Diamond head
* Visit Hanauma Bay and look at some fishies and reef or snorkel with them
* Get some local food at Rainbow Drive Inn right outside of Waikiki and get the slush float
* Visit Ala Moana, the largest shopping mall on the island
* We have outlet shops at Waikele, along with Borders, Sports Authority, Lowes, Comp USA, Jamba Juice, Kmart and Office Max
* Visit Lanikai beach in Kailua, or see the rest of the top 10 for the Hawaiian islands according to the Travel Channel
* I think there's horseback riding on the Northern side of the island, I think they have paintball there too
* If you're looking to buy a flashlight or 10, the cheapest places I've seen are Wal-Mart, Lowes and Home Depot. I'm not sure how much they cost in Germany, but you can get Maglites for $20 or less here. You might even find a Mag LED 3W somewhere.

This site has a lot of information on it like beaches, activities and sites to see.

If I can think of more stuff to add to that, I'll post it. Hope it helped!

Edit: Added a few links.

Last edited:

kiely23+

Enlightened
Thanks to Rayne... It helps me very much! :grin2:

Rayne said:
Hey Kiely, for your short 2 day stay on Oahu, here are some things you can do in no particular order... Btw, gas prices are around $3.27-3.30/gallon for regular grade. It's higher on the other islands.

* Hike up to the top of Diamond head
* Visit Hanauma Bay and look at some fishies and reef or snorkel with them
* Get some local food at Rainbow Drive Inn right outside of Waikiki and get the slush float
* Visit Ala Moana, the largest shopping mall on the island
* We have outlet shops at Waikele, along with Borders, Sports Authority, Lowes, Comp USA, Jamba Juice, Kmart and Office Max
* Visit Lanikai beach in Kailua
* I think there's horseback riding on the Northern side of the island, I think they have paintball there too
* If you're looking to buy a flashlight or 10, the cheapest places I've seen are Wal-Mart, Lowes and Home Depot. I'm not sure how much they cost in Germany, but you can get Maglites for $20 or less here. You might even find a Mag LED 3W somewhere.

If I can think of more stuff to add to that, I'll post it. Hope it helped!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
We did the sunrise bike down Haleakala volcano last summer. It was very cool (and freezing cold at the top). We were picked up at our hotel at 2 AM, and driven to the mountain top, which took about two hours. We then waited about an hour for sunrise along with a few hundred other bikers. There are probably a dozen or more different companies doing this biking deal. Then, after sunrise, you wait a bit more before starting the descent as a group. A guide is at the front and the truck that brought you brings up the rear and runs interference for the bikers. The trip down takes two to three hours and is easy. The ride was fun, and certainly unique. If I could do it again, I might skip the bike ride and just drive up to the top of Haleakala to hike around.

Geoff

Monolith

Enlightened
I might add or rather emphasize that it is COLD at the top. Meaning wear a hooded coat (wind breaker is too light). If you're going to spend time up there, dress warm (pants highly recommended). There are horse rides at the top also of varying lengths depending upon your stamina.