Maglite LED upgrade@wallyworld $19.00

buddah

Newly Enlightened
I was @ local wallyworld today and they had Maglight factory 3W LED upgrades for $18.89. I thought it was a typo because they had 4D maglights hanging right next to the LED upgrades priced @ $18.00. I checked w/manager and she confirmed the price on the LED upgrade was correct. Are they nuts? Why buy a bulb for same price as the entire light? I don't think maglight is going to sell too many @ those prices.

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
Maglight is the greatest flashlight company in the world I think they know what they are doing.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Yes I saw those LED only upgrades for the same price you've mentioned. But the entire MagLED setup is double that!

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
buddah said:
I was @ local wallyworld today and they had Maglight factory 3W LED upgrades for $18.89.... Are they nuts? Why buy a bulb for same price as the entire light? I don't think maglight is going to sell too many @ those prices.

humm...maybe flashaholics? :naughty:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Apparently it's a regional thing.

Here in my area a complete 2D is $33.xx and the upgrades are $18.xx

Supposedly in central Loiusiana complete lights are CHEAP.

The upgrades ain't too shabby....

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Just saw the 2D LED Mag at the cheap Wal-Mart where I live for $37.XX and the LED upgrade for $22.XX.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you go to a Home Depot, you should be able to find the 4D Mag LED light (complete) for $29.97.

But you do have a point and those who do not know will be scared off with the $18 price point of the LED Upgrade when they see that the Krypton flashlight costs about the same or less than the LED upgrade itself. You'll probably also see the 2D Mag LEDs at Wal*Mart for $33.28.

buddah said:
Why buy a bulb for same price as the entire light? I don't think maglight is going to sell too many @ those prices.

PJ

Enlightened
I just picked up a 4D MagLED bulb for $15.97 and tax at Home Depot in Livonia, MI. They were tagged $16.97 but rang up a buck less. They also had the 4D MagLED light for $29.97, I didn't see the 2D.